• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

looking for MH-10 Crystal formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5YDR

Based on the callsign I assume he's looking to use them on the 6m ham band.

impalass427

According to the manual I have, it's Carrier freq minus 0.455mhz divided by 5. Example: 42.96Mhz-0.455= 42.505 divided by 5 = 8.501 Mhz actual crystal freq. Don S

autovon

Ø
Oh wow. Some oldies for sure. I picked up a bucket of these about 15 years ago at a swap meet for $20. Some were ex Milwaukee FD. A few were low band and marked for some rural FDs in Wisconsin.
Good luck OP!

KF5YDR

The MH-10 is the Handicom, right? I read somewhere that it was basically an HT200 without the PA to cut costs.

cmdrwill

The MH-10 is the Handicom, right? I read somewhere that it was basically an HT200 without the PA to cut costs.

NO the Handicom was the low end handheld and came out much later than the HT200. Not even close, a totally different design, it is a one board hh radio.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Lowband MH-10? Jeez that's a little before my time although I've had my hands on them.

The receive formula given, it's only a single conversion receiver at 455KHz? Boy that's cheesy. Maybe low band can get away with it. I could guess at the transmit multiplier but my luck would be wrong.

Anyway I see service manuals on everybody's favorite flea market for those things still. If you are dedicated to re-crystalling those things up, longtime rock companies will still have the formulas and specs to grind you a pair, just give them the freqs (Jan, International).

com501

Last time I checked, ICM had a turnaround of about 14 days for those rocks, and they would gladly share the formula with you, including the series capacitance or inductance if it is part of the circuit equation.

impalass427

Ronen, I only have a 25 year old copy of some of the pages from the manual, but not a full schematic. The Tx crystal formula is carrier freq divided by 3. From the transmitter circuit theory page: "The oscillator- modulator tripler stage generates the carrier frequency by tripling the fundamental frequency ( 10.000Mhz to 16.666Mhz) of the Tx crystal". Sorry I omitted this in my first post. BTW, I have a few of these low band Handie-Coms (MH-10) in my collection. Don S

Last edited:

KF5YDR

Handie-Com! I thought I was losing my mind, I just had the spelling wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.