'Local' source for RF patch cables/connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

altonj

Do you folks have any reasonably priced sources for RF patch cables or connectors to make my own or do you just order from China and wait? There must be somewhere in Ontario that doesn't charge multiples of what it costs to have the part shipped from around the world, no?

I've found a few sources that have a couple of items but I'm hoping for a supplier with a fairly wide range of RF patch cables/connectors.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Like BNC etc. connectors? If I don't see what I want/am not willing to wait from E-Bay I usually go with Digi-Key or Mouser who will both sell in small quantities.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Like BNC etc. connectors? If I don't see what I want/am not willing to wait from E-Bay I usually go with Digi-Key or Mouser who will both sell in small quantities.

Sayal

Google them.

Burlington, Cambridge, Miss, Scar, T.O.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Maybe also Hutton/White Radio in Mississauga, there was a place in Miss that I used to purchase items such as this in bulk for a company that used to employ me, Wireless Connections or Gap Wireless, or something. But Sayal is your best bet, the other companies might not deal with the public.

altonj

Thank you gentlemen.

Taking my next step in this hobby and have ordered 2 RTL dongles from NooElec along with an up-convertor. The dongles are MCX connectors and the up-convertor is SMA. So those are two connector types I'll need and I'm sure with many more to come. I'm sure BNC will be next.

Digi-key seems to have just about everything and I'm just starting to check out Sayal.

Thanks.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Electrosonic is no longer local with a pickup counter. They moved to Rochester NY a couple years ago. Same $8 next-day FedEx shipping as Digikey. Plus between those two and Mouser you could probably order all the parts to build anything you want.

FWIW, your time and gas going anywhere is gonna cost you some too. Might as well order in your PJs or less at home. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.