West Milton PD on MIami Co EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I am visiting in the area and have a friend in the West Milton area that I was showing my system (car) to and he was wanting to get a radio so he can listen to WMPD. I plugged in the MC system and the WMPD ID (344, 02-110) along with the MCSO ID's and was hearing traffic on the MCSO but when I locked in on WMPD ID I got nothing over a 12 hour period. So the questions are:
1. the ID is listed as WMPD MEET, so not sure what that means.
2. There are several ID's listed as Law Enforcement, is WMPD operating on these ID's.
Anyone on the area that Lives/Monitors WMPD can help me get him set-up in the right direction, Thanks.
Miami County Trunking System, Miami County, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Like on many systems all LE may use any LE channels.

WMPD is probably dispatched on the LE Dispatch channels, and they use the "MEET" channel for local/car to car. (Hence "MEET" me on channel XXX) Thats why you didn't hear much - it probably doesn't get much use.

West Milton still has some licensed VHF frequencies they may use for car to car as well, for more private communications.

Last edited:

sopranosno1

02-101 is dispatch. There unit numbers are in the 1200 area. 02-110 is wmpd is there meet ch. 155.040/159.06 street dept. 159.225 street simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.