best software BCD996XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner. I use ARC-XT Pro software. I am very happy with the software because it is so easy to use. My question is what others are using for the BCD996XT. Ease of application is a key factor for me but I want software that will do it all for me.

lep

I use FreeScan. I tried ARC years ago and found it difficult to use, besides I can't see paying for something you can get for free.

I prefer Butel ARC programs. I am a professional, I charge for my work so I am do not mind paying someone else for their professional work. I purchase my food, my health care, my scanners and other things I use, why would I not pay for my software? BTW, Gommert comes to the Dayton Hamvention each year where I can ask him any Questions in person that I have about his software, that is worth a lot to me.

NYRHKY94

If you really want a software that will "do it all", then you should give Proscan a serious try. IMO, hands down the best "all in one" software for Uniden scanners. Bob (author) gives a full 30-day trial for free. My 2-cents.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
appreciate your input, guys. I justified the cost with a one time only fee for the software. I have always been very satisfied but just was wondering what the heck else was out there. And, NYRHKY, I dont think I have ever tried PROSCAN but think I will give it a try. lep I envy you being able to talk to Gommert on a one on one basis. That would be a very good, cup of coffee.

thanks again guys. appreciate your time

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I prefer Butel ARC programs. I am a professional, I charge for my work so I am do not mind paying someone else for their professional work. I purchase my food, my health care, my scanners and other things I use, why would I not pay for my software? BTW, Gommert comes to the Dayton Hamvention each year where I can ask him any Questions in person that I have about his software, that is worth a lot to me.

Well said! I don't know anyone who likes to work for free, yet so many people think programmers who work hard, developing software, should do it for nothing. Even free software developers, appreciates donations for their time, and effort.

Gommert, at Butel, develops excellent software for our scanners. I've purchased many of his applications for various Uniden scanners.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
NYRHKY94:
was excited to hear about new software for the BCD996XT.
Paid my $50.00 and downloaded PROSCAN
where can I find instructions on how to 'Drive" this software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
NYRHKY94:
was excited to hear about new software for the BCD996XT.
Paid my $50.00 and downloaded PROSCAN
where can I find instructions on how to 'Drive" this software.

The Help file is in the Support menu. First thing you want to do is set up the serial port communications to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.