GRE PSR-310 Object Lock Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

15plus1

Is locking out a frequency or Talkgroup (Objects) always applied globally on this scanner ? Is it possible to apply it selectively to different scan lists ? I'm using ARC 310, PSREdit and good old hand programming, and can't seem to figure this out. I searched the forums for prior questions / answers about this, but came up empty. If this has been answered, please link to the post. Thanks for any assistance or correction u guys can give !

QDP2012

It seems like the object is locked-out across-the-board. Quoting from page 49 of the GRE 310 Manual (.pdf):

Object Lockout
The L/OUT key is used to lock out objects. When an object is locked out, traffic is not received on that object until it is unlocked, even if the object is mapped to more than one Scan List. Locking out an object locks it out “radio-wide” until it is enabled by toggling the lockout setting. Four types of lockout functions are available in the PSR-310, temporary lock-out, permanent lockout, search lockout and talkgroup lockout.

Edit: On the RR Wiki: PSR-310 page, the "owner's manual" dead-link has been updated to point to the above .pdf file.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Lockouts are applied to the object. If you just want to lock it out from a specific list, then disassociate the object from that list.

15plus1

GM, I think I got it. But...
If the same object is in multiple scan lists, locking it out will lock it out in all lists ?
I guess the work around would be to store that object X number of times for inclusion in X number of scan lists, and then lock out the appropriate object in the corresponding scan list. I've had this scanner for years and only recently discovered this 'feature'. Thanks for your input.
15+1

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PSR-310

GM, I think I got it. But...
If the same object is in multiple scan lists, locking it out will lock it out in all lists ?
Yes
I guess the work around would be to store that object X number of times for inclusion in X number of scan lists, and then lock out the appropriate object in the corresponding scan list.
Or to remove the object from the list you are "locking it out from".

I love the '310, especially the display. I pack mine full of channels so I don't have room to program the same thing multiple times. I do use the soft-lockout a lot. This lets me lock something out "for now", but keeps it in the list for next time. Soft lock outs are cleared with each power cycle (and certain other events such as turning the list off and back on).

Status
Not open for further replies.