Icom R1500 Intermittant Encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0LGI

Recently the main multifunction rotary encoder on the R1500 has not been selecting a stored frequency as it has done. It works, but is very intermittent in actual operation.

After trying several times it will eventually get to the desired setup, however can not be depended on. The direction of rotation has little or no effect, but will arrive eventually, at the correct and desired, stored setup.

With no schematic or parts listing information, I am curious if there is a repairable solution for this rotary encoder problem on a otherwise very good receiver combination?

Thanks !

Denny - K0LGI -

dkf435

Would say find copy of service manual or I know the control head is shared with other Icom radios so you may be able to find parts from them Not sure about the 1500 but I ordered a couple of R2500 control heads and turned some PCR2500 into R2500 radios.

David Kb7uns

K0LGI

Thanks Dave for the R1500 information. I now have the schematic and am considering contacting Icom repair service for the intermittent rotary encoder issue to see if they still support repair services for this no longer manufactured design.

Where are remote heads found that are still available for this model? I have not found any except those that have them with the complete radio.

Denny - K0LGI -

K0LGI

Icom R1500 Remote head Rotary Encoder Availability

The response received today from Icom parts, said there is no longer a replacement part for the Icom R1500 remote head rotary encoder unfortunately.

Lacking information as to the original source of the switch manufacturer if other than Icom, is another issue in finding a replacement.

Denny - K0LGI -

Status
Not open for further replies.