North Madison, Lake County marcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
I noticed on the MARCS:IP site map that there are partner sites all over the place.

My question is,

1. what are they and are they used and tied into the main lake co. simulcast
2. If so, has anyone come across the freq. for them?

I noticed they are not on the database. If no one has come across the freq. what freq. range should I search for?

Here is a link to the site map
File:MARCS-IPMap071414.png - The RadioReference Wiki

Thanks,

Cody

phask

Premium Subscriber
Not an expert - but , more or less, it's the same as any other. It's funded and/or maintained by one other than the State of Ohio.

For scanning - needs to be treeted like any other site.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
It is probably explained the best in the Wiki page for the MARCS-IP on RR.

Ohio MARCS IP: Local Partnerships - The RadioReference Wiki

These relationships allow communities with already established compatible systems roam into the MARCS systems and MARCS users roam into their system. It is a cost saving win/win for all parties involved.

Thanks!. My next question is, What would be the frequency range for these sites, I know that the frequency for that partner site is not on the DB, if I knew the freq. range. I could find out the CC

16b

Premium Subscriber
Which partnership sites are you referring to, specifically, when you say they are not in the database? It looks to me like the only ones not in the database are the ones that aren't shown as on-air yet on that map (the black dots).

That map doesn't differentiate simulcast sites from standalone ones; as far as I know all of the partnership sites are simulcast (Lake, Geauga, Warren, Greene, etc), so in those cases the map will show multiple green dots where, as far as a scanner (or system radio for that matter) is concerned, there is only one "site," since they all transmit on the same frequencies.

budevans

I noticed on the MARCS:IP site map that there are partner sites all over the place.

My question is,

1. what are they and are they used and tied into the main lake co. simulcast
2. If so, has anyone come across the freq. for them?

I noticed they are not on the database. If no one has come across the freq. what freq. range should I search for?

Here is a link to the site map
File:MARCS-IPMap071414.png - The RadioReference Wiki

Thanks,

Cody

Open Databases, click on Ohio, next click on Lake County. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see MARCS-IP. Open the MARCS-IP, look down the list, you'll see Lake County Simulcast just below Cuyahoga County Simulcast. The frequency's are on the right, you just need the Control Channels (Red and Blue).

If you scroll down the page farther you'll see the Counties listed with their Talk Groups.
Setup a P25 trunk group, add the Control Channels then add the Talk Groups.

FYI: I didn't see North Madison listed under MARCS-IP Lake County. I did see Madison PD and Madison Twp PD. Maybe North Madison is still on the (old) MARCS Moto Type II system. If so it's just a matter of time before they move to the MARCS-IP system.

You might also want to add the Geneva and Ashtabula Sites, their freq CC's are just 4 listings below Lake County's.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Unless it has changed, the control channel is currently 855.8625 MHz. While in the 3 years I've been monitoring it since it went live I've never seen the control channel change but it would be of worth to program the other 3 AC's.

The old moto system used the same freqs as the new system but different control channels and talk groups. It is also (personal opinion only) an easily monitored system.

Talk group 27509 is Madison/Mad Twp PD.

aimedtoannoy

Premium Subscriber
Open Databases, click on Ohio, next click on Lake County. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see MARCS-IP. Open the MARCS-IP, look down the list, you'll see Lake County Simulcast just below Cuyahoga County Simulcast. The frequency's are on the right, you just need the Control Channels (Red and Blue).

If you scroll down the page farther you'll see the Counties listed with their Talk Groups.
Setup a P25 trunk group, add the Control Channels then add the Talk Groups.

FYI: I didn't see North Madison listed under MARCS-IP Lake County. I did see Madison PD and Madison Twp PD. Maybe North Madison is still on the (old) MARCS Moto Type II system. If so it's just a matter of time before they move to the MARCS-IP system.

You might also want to add the Geneva and Ashtabula Sites, their freq CC's are just 4 listings below Lake County's.

I know about the lake county tower, and I know that the geneva tower (IP version) is not connected to the lake county tower( I live in geneva), the geneva tower is online but dead until ashtabula county makes the switch soon. I mainly listen to the geauga county because I have better reception with it.

I just noticed that there was a partner site located in north madison and was wondering if anyone has heard it or know anything about it, if you look on the map there is a small green circle indicating that there is a partner site in madison (lake county).

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
It's all simulcast, the tower is live if it is in Lake County. I've been out to the Walmart and Bendelewskis meats with no reception issues with my 396XT in my car. Anywhere the Sheriff goes in Lake county needs and gets reception.

The exact same thing I hear off the Painesville site is what you hear in Madison, programmed talkgroups notwithstanding. Simulcast. Lake county was the first site up on the entire MARCS-IP network.

kf8yk

I just noticed that there was a partner site located in north madison and was wondering if anyone has heard it or know anything about it, if you look on the map there is a small green circle indicating that there is a partner site in madison (lake county).

It's at Middle Ridge Rd & 528, next to the water tower. It's one of the Lake County simulcast sites (zone 2, site 3).

rr1965

I live near the Madison tower on Middle Ridge and can only assume most of what i hear is coming from that tower when my scanner hits the Lake Simulcast System. Always sounds great. I haven't looked recently but since I have programmed the Geneva tower into my scanner, I have also noticed Madison FD units affiliate to that tower from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.