PSP P25...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
FYI, tonight I am getting encrypted comms on PSP frequency 154.6650 with NAC of 293. I'm barerly getting 1 bar so its distant. Was getting hints of this with the RS 800, switched to the RH77 and was able to get the NAC. I'm in Northampton County, no where near Lewistown. Maybe the troopers are using this in Monroe County on the hunt for Frein?

Anyone else getting this in the Lehigh Valley?

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
VERY strong here in southern Wayne Co. I don't have a digital scanner, but sounds like P25.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Sibbley,
I too am picking them up at around 1 bar here in Macungie.. Just enough copy to tell they are encrypted digital. I do not see them as P25 though on my 536.. Just encrypted digital.

Mike

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
n3ouc,

Good point. My 436 didn't show P25 either. I was going off the RR database for PSP Lewistown. Same frequency and NAC. Lewistown is listed as P25.

Just showed LNK then the NAC with ENC below.

I've had the PSP frequencies set up for NAC search for months and heard nothing till last night. I was able to get 2-3 bars once I switched from the RH77 to the RH789 antenna.

Last edited:

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Im using pro164 and picking it up as well today, Im near Mt. Pocono area. not active but signal strong when hear activity

Was more active early this morning than it has been the last several hours. I'm getting lots of activity on FBI D5 Spec Ops today, 167.5375 NAC 167 . Mostly encrypted, but once or twice in the clear.

Steveradio

Confirmed on 167.5375 all ever pick up with this radio is data bursts which are going on as entered the frequency. Have a feeling they have thick woods maybe the digital signal does not work as well as analog.

Would love to get up closer and scan around, the UHF Monroe frequency went back to routine traffic for the weekend will keep a listen out.
I work in Mt. Pocono area still difficult area for regular UHF and VHF like we are in a hole some what .

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Have had over 285 hits on that frequency today. As Sibbley stated, most encrypted but maybe a dozen or so transmissions not encrypted. I live in sw lehigh county and i have been receiving them at four bars all day.
Mike

Audiodave1

Database Admin
The D Bank repeaters they set up are certainly covering a wide area. P25E is certainly predominant for good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.