Wonder if Siren App was submitted last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

durangoGreg

Well, If all went well the Siren App could have been submitted to Apple last week.

I guess we will know it was submitted if it shows up in the Apple App Store in a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed! I wonder when the firmware update will be released?

XTS3000

For Apples apps approval process, the first app you submit is checked out by a human person. Once it's deemed acceptable for apple store, future upgrades and bug fixes are checked by a non human computer before it's accepted and published in the App Store.

Every app I know that was 1st submitted took 7 days to be approved and published. Bug fixes to the already approved app can take as little as 1 day.

One would hope an Android version would be developed as more than 1/2 the smart phones are Androids.

wise871

Database Admin
Based upon 3 weeks of no updates on the Siren App thread, I would say it probably was not submitted.

I agree, things have been quite from Uniden. Any positive news would have been posted by now, especially if an app was submitted to Apple. They need all the positive post they can get at this point.

XTS3000

I seriously think Uniden is scared of lawsuits coming up, and anything Upman says here can be used as evidence against them, like dates of releases, etc. Upman replies to questions on the forum, but never replies to any questions related to the current situation of faulty/missing/promised features. That silence speaks VOLUMES!

What happens when Apple rejects the Siren app? CLEARLY Uniden didn't research what Apple allows and doesn't before announcing the Siren App, which I'm sure will delay the app even longer. Uniden will blame Apple for the rejected Siren App, just like they continue to blame the USB dongle company. Blame everyone else, while stalling for more time.

Upman even admitted some features won't even be available in the first few releases of the Siren App. What has the scanner division been doing for the last year? Apparently nothing what so ever!

1 Lying to your loyal customers
+
1 Blaming others for your incompetence
=
A whole bunch of people who will never trust your company again.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
I seriously think Uniden is scared of lawsuits coming up, and anything Upman says here can be used as evidence against them, like dates of releases, etc. Upman replies to questions on the forum, but never replies to any questions related to the current situation of faulty/missing/promised features. That silence speaks VOLUMES!

What happens when Apple rejects the Siren app? CLEARLY Uniden didn't research what Apple allows and doesn't before announcing the Siren App, which I'm sure will delay the app even longer. Uniden will blame Apple for the rejected Siren App, just like they continue to blame the USB dongle company. Blame everyone else, while stalling for more time.

Upman even admitted some features won't even be available in the first few releases of the Siren App. What has the scanner division been doing for the last year? Apparently nothing what so ever!

1 Lying to your loyal customers
+
1 Blaming others for your incompetence
=
A whole bunch of people who will never trust your company again.

I never even thought about it but you are right. Depending on what all the app does, it may violate their terms of service and not ever be approved. Apple is very tight on their rules. It's good and bad I guess.

Boatanchor

Here's an Android app for you in the meantime :)

Attachments

• cricket.jpg
    cricket.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,585

XTS3000

Uniden has to get the wifi dongle working first and foremost. Once it's working, then you port that part of the code to the apps. One can only hope Uniden has been working on GUI part of the apps, so that part is out of the way.

I'd be looking for a firmware release first before the app comes out. For the app(s) to work, new firmware is needed. So logic would say that firmware would be released first and then the apps to follow.

1 New firmware
+
1 Apps
=
Lots of happy customers.

XTS3000

Their other apps don't get great reviews. 2/5 isn't that great, so hope a different team is working on Siren.

wise871

Database Admin
I don't think will see the app or the analyzer. It's almost a year now and you figured a year+ of development went into these radios. Many of you say to give Uniden time to work on it but come on folks, does it take a year? And what about the Analyzer feature that is tied to both models that have nothing to do with the App or WiFi. There has been no update or reply to the question, ever!! It's gotten to the point we need to face it, it's most likely not going to happen. And from the last update they mentioned an alternate method. What is that all about. It's time to face the facts.

As a Phase 2 scanner I'm satisfied with the results but my primary reasoning for purchase was the wifi capabilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Many of you say to give Uniden time to work on it but come on folks, does it take a year?

+1

The game of blaming the vendors is way past the expiration date. This is Uniden's debacle and they need to own up to it and give the original purchasers who still own their radios their money's worth, whether it's a refund, discount or buyback.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I don't think will see the app or the analyzer. It's almost a year now and you figured a year+ of development went into these radios. Many of you say to give Uniden time to work on it but come on folks, does it take a year? And what about the Analyzer feature that is tied to both models that have nothing to do with the App or WiFi. There has been no update or reply to the question, ever!! It's gotten to the point we need to face it, it's most likely not going to happen. And from the last update they mentioned an alternate method. What is that all about. It's time to face the facts.

I tend to agree. After a year, it is quite unlikely that a real functioning Wi-Fi or analyze function are going to appear. Perhaps something will come out, but there probably are going to be a lot of issues that Uniden and all of us will have to live with. At this point, I just wish UPMan would just make a simple statement. If it is not possible, or unlikely, just say so.
I am really surprised that a reputable company like Uniden would make such great claims a year ago, and seemingly at least, not have come up with anything almost a year later. I don't know Paul Optiz at all, only from the RRDB and his YouTube videos. Seems like a straightforward guy. I still think he is under wraps by Uniden corporate to say nothing at all on this issue.
I thnik so because I continue to see his friendly posts when people have problems with their Uniden scanners.
I am disappointed. I bought the 436 and 536 in large part for the analyze, and the 536 in large part for Wi-Fi. When I see the scanner display apps being designed by RRDB members for these scanners, and the Android App for Win500 users with GRE/RS/Whistler scanners, it really does have to make me wonder why Uniden has this apparent problem now.
I bought two 536HPs when they first came out with the express intent of running the Wi-Fi app from a couple of different locations. Again, as I always end these kind of posts, I hope we're all wrong, and soon we will see something. But it seems more and more unlikely. Really disappointed.
Steve AA6IO

XTS3000

The problem now is that almost everyone with a x36HP scanner can no longer return the defective radios for a full refund. We all bought into Upmans bull crap lies about these scanners "hook, line and sinker". Paul and Uniden are great "snake oil" salesmen. Promise everything, deliver half.

For those who say, just sell the x36 if your not happy with it. Ok, just one small problem, NO one wants to take a huge loss of money, because Uniden can't get their act together. Who's going to buy a mobile that when you start your car/truck, the scanner locks up?

Now Paul has been completely silent on any info for the past months and months AND months. Getting sick of Paul's avatar change. At this point in time, Paul is just f#*king with us! Trying to "buy" more time with his stupid avatar changes. It used to be funny, but not anymore. Paul apparently doesn't see this. Nothing worse than a product manager who has blinders on, who NO clue about their customers.

I know if Paul was a product manager at any other company, he'd have been fired LONG ago for this disaster rollout of a flagship product. Who gets to keep their job after close to a year of nothing buy screw ups and failures? Paul has zero credibility as a spokesman for Uniden now. It's time for you to go Paul, you failed miserably and deserve to be fired.

It's time for Uniden to do the right thing. Offer a full refund to anyone who requests it. Offer MSRP refunds, even if we paid slightly less. If Uniden cares about their reputation, they need damage control fast and now. Who is even going to think of buying Uniden's next new scanner? Damage control Paul. At this point the damage to your name and reputation is severely damaged, if not permanently ruined. I sure don't trust a word you say anymore Paul.

I know a few retailers that have taken a huge hit from people returning these junk scanners. These retailers have to take the scanner in for return, then can't sell or return the scanners to their distributer or Uniden. So these retailers selling the x36HP are loosing money selling these defective products. Many have stopped selling them because of all the returns. A friend who sells Uniden scanners has over 35 mobiles and 30 portables sitting on the shelf - all returns. He's got over $20,000 in useless scanners he can't do a thing with! Uniden won't do anything for him. I suspect there are 100's of smaller retailers with similar stories.

wa2sqq

Here's how.

The problem now is that almost everyone with a x36HP scanner can no longer return the defective radios for a full refund. We all bought into Upmans bull crap lies about these scanners "hook, line and sinker". Paul and Uniden are great "snake oil" salesmen. Promise everything, deliver half...

Start filing written complaints with the State Attorney General's office in your state, and in the state where Uniden is registered and see how fast you'll get a response. Lawyers monitor these forums looking for potential class action law suites. Who has the "jewels" to threaten such action in order to get us some action? I agree, 1 year is too long to go without any updates.

swm77662

RH-96

OR.... why not allow the RH-96 to plug.
OR... how about a new larger display remote head...

When I first became aware that the new models were not set up for the RH-96's I decided that I did not want one.

I also am concerned that when the database is updated that frequencies and talk groups are sometimes removed, but what if I want to keep the "old" frequencies, when the new scanners update do they remove the old frequencies from the onboard database? Would I have to keep a copy of the old database and then reinsert the "old" frequencies that were removed?

Here in Wyoming we have Wyolink a P25 statewide system and we also have our much older analog system as a back up, and it does see usage when Wyolink goes down or when someone just wants to use it and avoid the entire state being able to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.