LRRP.EXE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
LRRP.EXE, Can someone tell me what this is and how to use this, when I click on it I get this,

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,982

Saint

Premium Subscriber
LRRP software

But what does it do and does it only work for certain types of decoding?

Yea, still trying to figure out LRRP software and what exactly it does and how to use the information it gives you. Can someone point me to information on how to use this software.

Steve

ATCTech

Steve,

What local (to us) system did you see that data from? I've been playing with various (too quiet on weekends) TRBO systems over the last couple of days and seen nothing. I'm just going back at it now....

Thx!

Bob

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Most of the systems I've watched seem to be using a 3rd party AVL system which doesn't use LRRP.

ATCTech

I agree Mike, I thought maybe Oakville Transit would be using every-stop position data but there's none. I've also watched most of the commercial TRBO systems in range and seen nothing.

ATCTech

Found one, 155.700 is showing units in Hamilton (Ontario) if anybody else want to see it in action. User is the Hamilton Port Authority along with 158.715 according to the Industry Canada database.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
What system LRRP.EXE

Steve,

What local (to us) system did you see that data from? I've been playing with various (too quiet on weekends) TRBO systems over the last couple of days and seen nothing. I'm just going back at it now....

Thx!

Bob

Hi BOB, I don't know what system put in the information I saw when I tried to get LRRP.EXE to work, I was listening to several dmr systems and some nexedge 48 and 96 systems,
Steve

ATCTech

No problem Steve, that 155.700 system is overloading the map with data for the last couple of hours. It works very well!

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
INFORMATION

No problem Steve, that 155.700 system is overloading the map with data for the last couple of hours. It works very well!

THAT'S SOMTHING, I need to spend more time working with this software, this is more then I thought you could do with this software.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

Evidently, systems in the USA are not using LRRP. I have tried it on several DMR data-only systems in the Albany, NY, area and seen nothing on the map ever.

Just for grins, is there something I should see in the decoded DMR output that will indicate whether I should expect to see location data?

ATCTech

Dave,

That's exactly the question I was going to post yesterday until I found this one system using LRRP. As a follow-on to your point, I wonder if DMR systems can/do send that sort of 'clue' and if DSD+ sees it but doesn't display it. That curiosity leads me to "could DSD+ display that sort of function as enabled or available on a 'per-system' basis" even if the function isn't currently deployed, sort of like all the nifty data TREPORT displayed in the Trunker for DOS days.

Bob

ATCTech

At the risk of hijacking the intent of the thread, Talk Wireless on 420.5125 in St. Catherines Ontario is also using very limited LRRP. I think any additional 'finds' better be moved to the Ontario forum but I thought Steve might be able to see this system from his QTH.

Bob

n4yek

Evidently, systems in the USA are not using LRRP. I have tried it on several DMR data-only systems in the Albany, NY, area and seen nothing on the map ever.

Just for grins, is there something I should see in the decoded DMR output that will indicate whether I should expect to see location data?

There is a utility company in my neck of the woods that is using it. I tried it the other day and it started showing the locations of the vehicles. They use voice on one slot and data on the other slot.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
LRRP.EXE

At the risk of hijacking the intent of the thread, Talk Wireless on 420.5125 in St. Catherines Ontario is also using very limited LRRP. I think any additional 'finds' better be moved to the Ontario forum but I thought Steve might be able to see this system from his QTH.

Bob

Thanks Bob I can pick up this system,
Talk Wireless DMR Trunking System, St. Catharines, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

I submitted all the talkgroups for it, I will give LRRP.EXE a try on it and see what comes up.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.