Manchester Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcrock

KTO334 silent since Saturday. I searched FCC database and found KCB851 but no traffic on any listed frequencies. Does anyone know what the new system frequencies are?

Ranger0034

MPD is in the process of switching their comms to digital. They have been "borrowing" South Windsors PD Ch 2 until the switchover is complete.
SWPD ch 2 is 453.6500 NAC 132

mbnv992

Do you know if the frequency for MPD 1 is going to be the same, just with the added P25 ?

rcrock

Thank you for the information. 453.6500, WPYY911 is not listed for South Windsor in RR database. The scanner I'm thinking of acquiring uses RR database. Did you submit an update?

Ranger0034

No I havent, Ive been meaning to update RR for awhile now, as for MPD's "new" channels, they havent decided yet what to do, either keep the same or narrowband, sources told me the testing if their new digital system is not going well, so things are still up in the air

bobmich52

I Live close to Manchester & will post updates When/if anything changes

Depending on Town/8th district fire to stay up on incidents in Manchester for now

Lets hope the freqs stay the same

bobmich52

sitting @ home here listening to my HP 1 & 460.125 Just came over the air, Sounded like a roll call

Will be in town later & hopefully hear it mobile also

bobmich52

I was mobile in Manchester Sat & it sounded analog to me, Low voice quality, But Very Strong & readable

When South Winsor PD did their system( I believe they are digital) The Voice Quality & Signal improved tremendously

Whatever MPD does, I hope They improve their signal Like The Town FD did, I picked up The Town FD Mobile when I was on 91 south in Middletown loud & clear

n1spd

Premium Subscriber
Any update on the Manchester PD dispatch channel ? Have not heard them all day . And nothing on the back-up channels either. Monday, 10-20-14.

schmitter

MPD Digital

Does anyone know if they MPD are going to use P25 Phase 2 or P25 Phase 1? Do they intend to encrypt? I currently only have an analog scanner and would like this information before I drop the money on a new one. If they encrypt, I may just not get a new one.

APX7500X2

Does anyone know if they MPD are going to use P25 Phase 2 or P25 Phase 1? Do they intend to encrypt? I currently only have an analog scanner and would like this information before I drop the money on a new one. If they encrypt, I may just not get a new one.

Well they are not trunking so it wont be P25 Phase 2. After all this work it would be a shame if they wasted all that money and stayed analog, Most radio vendors push encryption so im sure they will have at least the option, The new system im working on I got them to do 100% Encryption, I got them to agree to streaming it 30 min delayed, so everyone wins!

schmitter

Well they are not trunking so it wont be P25 Phase 2. After all this work it would be a shame if they wasted all that money and stayed analog, Most radio vendors push encryption so im sure they will have at least the option, The new system im working on I got them to do 100% Encryption, I got them to agree to streaming it 30 min delayed, so everyone wins!

Unfortunately a 30 minute delay doesn't really work for me. Last year my home was broken into. My good neighbor across the street called in when he saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. He called the police. I heard my address on the scanner and boogied home. The police were already leaving the area. I was able to stop them and we went back. They had missed the kicked in hatchway door and basement lights on. The next day I had an alarm system installed, and if you try and kick in my hatchway now, you are going to end up with a broken leg, but still a 30 minute delay seems like a little too much. I also use information I hear on the scanner to avoid traffic snags due to accidents and down wires as I drive for my job.

mbnv992

If the department is encrypted, you won't be able to hear it anyway. So a 5 minute delay, or a 500 minute delay won't matter.

Squadborough

Premium Subscriber
BC 296 Programming Question

Hi All...

New to the thread...I have a BC-296D and trying to figure out...Is it possible for me to monitor Manchester (or South Windsor) with this radio on their digital channels? I was looking at the manual and it looks like my only option for digital with it is to select a trunked system, which I know doesn't fit with what they have.

Thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
296D should automatically detect the digital traffic. Be sure you have no PL/DPL programmed in. I believe the P25 card was separate and had to be installed and that there was a menu option to enable/disable it.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.