NXDN talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings all...

I have notice some NXDN systems are showing up in the RR Database with talkgroup ID's. Anyone know how these are being obtained (I Presume by some sort of Software). Is it from one of the later releases from Uni-Trunker?

Tim

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings again..

So DSD will also show talkgroup information also? I thought it just decodes the voice. I am working on getting DSD working when I have time.

Tim

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Then new DSDPlus will decode TG info, RID and radio alias.

Attachments

• nxdn.png
    nxdn.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 455

dtscho

Database Admin
Do some conventional NXDN repeaters not use talkgroups (i.e., just use RAN)? I was monitoring a couple of business repeaters yesterday with DSD+, and saw RAN and radio IDs, but no talkgroup was displayed.

Alternatively, could the lack of talkgroup information occur if DSD+ doesn't have enough time to decode the signal fully, or if the signal is weak?

Thanks,
Dave

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Do some conventional NXDN repeaters not use talkgroups (i.e., just use RAN)? I was monitoring a couple of business repeaters yesterday with DSD+, and saw RAN and radio IDs, but no talkgroup was displayed.

Alternatively, could the lack of talkgroup information occur if DSD+ doesn't have enough time to decode the signal fully, or if the signal is weak?

Thanks,
Dave
Hello,

The standard associates talkgroups with a trunking system, but I have seen talkgroups used on conventional repeaters. I noticed some users on conventional repeaters have a talkgroup of zero, which the standard says is a null talkgroup and just a placeholder. DSDPlus does not display the talkgroup when it is zero.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.