Sky Harbor talkgroups on RWC Simulcast B

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I’m starting to notice Sky Harbor talkgroups on RWC Simulcast B. I’m thinking they might be starting work on upgrading the Sky Harbor IR and move to 700mhz. They might be starting to offload the talkgroups to Simulcast B in preparation for taking the Sky Harbor IR offline for maintenance. If you do not have talkgroup 1198 programmed in for your Simulcast B list, add this. All Sky Harbor fire/medical dispatches are voiced on talkgroup 1198. The “IMS” talkgroups 1190, 1191, and 1192 are often used in aircraft emergencies and these might show up on Simulcast B too. In the past, these talkgroups were only on the Sky Harbor IR. Enjoy it while it lasts on Simulcast B.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The Skytrain has been on both Simulcasts A & B for quite some time now.

I hardly ever monitor A and B - they come in horribly at the house. I usually listen to Simulcast F, as it seems to be less prone to simulcast distortion issues than the other sites and still carries the South Mountain precinct's radio traffic, along with Tempe, Chandler, Maricopa and the G decks. Too bad Sky Harbor isn't using it also - then I could just sit on that site and hear everything I'm interested in when I'm at home. ;)

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.