TRBO information

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpetbone

Our local S.O. has converted to TRBO Vhf on a new freq. I know the freq and that's all. Have access to Vertex and Motorola hand held units. Q: What other info do I need to monitor ONLY on this new freq? Am a fire dept member and volunteer. Thanks.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
You need to know: time slot, colour code, and talkgroup(s).

With out that info you will not be able to listen with a DMR radio.

carpetbone

Yeah, the S.O. has been really tightlipped about this info. I reminded a deputy that Federal Law gives me the right to monitor this. I WILL obtain the info needed. Several lawsuits are going in Little Rock, AR over this same thing.

reconrider8

same subject how are the tgids displayed in dmr decode i have ran it and got the time slot and the color code but when i look at the decode it changed almost with the unit number like 1-unit number so would 1 be the tgid or what?

I bet if you talk to the right person with the SO and have a good enough reason, they would give you a radio that would work with there system. that way you can talk to them if the need ever came up!! Just a idea

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
As a person who sets up many of these systems across the country, your interaction with an end user as described will usually result in negative attention being paid to you. You are correct in than Federal Law allows you to monitor unencrypted signals, but there is nothing that forces the Agency or system owner to disclose system details to you. There are tools available to determine everything you will need to be able to monitor these systems. Your interaction above is functionally the same as reprimanding a Bellman or Valet at your local hotel because he won't tell you how his radio system is setup. Maybe I am misunderstanding the nature of your post, if so I apologize.......... TT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.