How to create hard copy of favorite list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2sqq

I want to create a hard copy of the contents of each favorite list. How can you print the list?
Sentinel software does not seem to have this option, nor can I highlight the list , copy & paste it.
Can the file be exported and printed from Excel?

wa2sqq

Snip NG

All that does is a screen capture.
1. You can't get a long list in one capture.
2. You can't edit the text

Really stinks that they left out such a basic feature. Time to consider Butel. The more I use 536, the more unfinished symphonies I'm discovering.

W6KRU

Really stinks that they left out such a basic feature. Time to consider Butel. The more I use 536, the more unfinished symphonies I'm discovering.

Agreed!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you open the favorite list editor, you can copy & paste pretty much the same as you can in Excel. You just have to do one department at a time.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Connect to the SD card in mass storage mode, look in the favorites list folder and open one of the "hpd" files in a text reader. Not formatted very well for a print out without some manipulation, but it might help.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That doesn't work, as all the stuff is binary. It looks like gobbledygook.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That doesn't work, as all the stuff is binary. It looks like gobbledygook.

No it's not... the "hpe" files are binary (the ones that Sentinel exports), the "hpd" files on the card are plain text.

troymail

Silent Key
I want to create a hard copy of the contents of each favorite list. How can you print the list?
Sentinel software does not seem to have this option, nor can I highlight the list , copy & paste it.
Can the file be exported and printed from Excel?

A while back I wrote a program to parse and list the fav list files. Right now, it dumps out a text file with most of the important information but I'm considering generating better output/layout via HTML.

I've attached a copy of my favorites lists as output from the current program.

If you're interested in trying it out, drop me a PM with and email address and I'll send you a copy. Your feedback will help me improve it.

Attachments

• favListOut.txt
    38.2 KB · Views: 234

joeuser

The Wretched
A while back I wrote a program to parse and list the fav list files. Right now, it dumps out a text file with most of the important information but I'm considering generating better output/layout via HTML.

I've attached a copy of my favorites lists as output from the current program.

If you're interested in trying it out, drop me a PM with and email address and I'll send you a copy. Your feedback will help me improve it.
You are full of useful programs aren't you?

troymail

Silent Key
Got a couple of PMs asking for a copy so I went ahead and cleaned it up a bit.

After unzipping it, you can simply double-click on it and it will prompt you for input.

This version will create both a text version and a HTML version of output files on your desktop.

Feedback welcome - I'm sure it can be improved!

Attachments

• x36FavDump.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 158

Jimbo695

Have any of you seen the Sentinel Report program that one of our talented colleagues developed and posted a while ago ? It prepares a plain text report of all programmed favorites lists with indented systems and departments, as well as all quick keys assigned for each. Sorry; I don't have the link handy; you'll have to root around for it.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have any of you seen the Sentinel Report program that one of our talented colleagues developed and posted a while ago ? It prepares a plain text report of all programmed favorites lists with indented systems and departments, as well as all quick keys assigned for each. Sorry; I don't have the link handy; you'll have to root around for it.

I think this is what you are referring to:

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/283432-bcdx36-quickkey-report-generator.html

I do remember that when first seeing that post... and just now... when downloading that file, my virus protection software deletes it automatically and immediately as containing a virus. Not sure why, but caution applies if you want to check it out.

joeuser

The Wretched

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you locate your Favorites List(s), right click on the file name - Open With a text editor, such as Notepad, and you will see the information. Just be cautious about making a change and saving the file - you could create an issue.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Right click on the favorites list, then click the "Program Favorites List" option. A new window will open, showing only the faviorite list you selected. You can copy/paste from that window to Excel. To get all the hierarchy levels, you will have to click through the tree on the left and copy/paste each section individually.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Got a couple of PMs asking for a copy so I went ahead and cleaned it up a bit.

After unzipping it, you can simply double-click on it and it will prompt you for input.

This version will create both a text version and a HTML version of output files on your desktop.

Feedback welcome - I'm sure it can be improved!

Guess I'm not using this program right. No files are being outputted (is that a real word?? LOL) to the desktop.

To be honest, I may not be putting in the right path for it to make any files. I'm getting the info from the Uniden folder on the "My Documents" page. Opening up the folder for x36HP, and then copying the path for a favorite list and pasting it into the program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.