Why do MOSWIN Radio ID's Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Most police departments just leave their portable radios in a bunch of chargers in the duty room, and the officer grabs whatever's available when he goes on shift.

zzdiesel

I really think its their mobile radios & they take their cars home every night. So, I don't believe that's it. They would also have the same potables like this I believe. Thanks...

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
They probably grab a different portable (walkie) each day they go into the office. It would not be unusual for the UID to change each day or even each shift. And some departments assign a different car each shift so that could change too. I was going to try and ID all the Dist 2 cars in St Louis but when I realized the officers mainly used their walkies and they swapped them out nearly every shift there really was no point in trying to get them all straight.

zzdiesel

Well, the Dunklin County base has been putting all kinds of sporadic noise today & tonight. It is on one the deputy's radio ID. I thought maybe my Pro-18 was being ignorant, but Pemiscot County just said it's tearing them up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.