GA DNR activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex4659

Been hearing lots of activity from dnr on the stockbridge channel (analog) frequently 151.22000, imput*159.90000 *on 123.0 PL. Mostly license plate checks (i think) and a transmission regarding a inter op with griffin about something.

Listening from Clayton county riverdale area.

2 male rangers and now I'm hearing a female.

Do they have a dispatcher cause it sounds like units talking to one another like a talk around channel.

Also, I'm hearing use of codes and does anyone have a list of codes/signals that dnr uses?

Anyone confirm any P25 usage on any dnr channels? I heard they that they are going digital like GSP.

N8IAA

If you check the RR database for the DNR, you will see which are using P-25.
Two repeaters up here, 159.600 and 159.945, have been using P-25 since late last year. And yes they do stop traffic violators. They are licensed LE in the state of GA.
Larry

RRR

Premium Subscriber
DNR Rangers are not "Licensed" L.E. They are POST certified Law Enforcement officers, with authority granted by the State of Georgia.

Their primary goal is to enforce fish and game related laws, however they are allowed to enforce traffic laws only in exceptional circumstances.

ButchGone

Well, now here's an interesting development. DNR unit 115 just called Catoosa County SO on the TACN, the 700/800 system being built out for the statewide Tennessee system(covers 4 NW Georgia counties too). This makes me wonder if state agencies are using Motorola APX radios that work dual band. Tennessee troopers use them for 700/800 sites, and VHF sites. I guess Georgia LE can use them for the new VHF P25 sites as well as local trunking systems. Can anyone confirm what field gear Georgia state agencies use?
BG..

CapStar362

they are probably gearing up for the Deer season just opening up. running checks and temp stops for weapons permits, hunting license and fish licenses

BTW: Alex, where bout in Riverdale? i moved from Riverdale in 2011 to Conyers. yesterday was that day....

alex4659

they are probably gearing up for the Deer season just opening up. running checks and temp stops for weapons permits, hunting license and fish licenses

BTW: Alex, where bout in Riverdale? i moved from Riverdale in 2011 to Conyers. yesterday was that day....

A few miles out from Southern regional. They have been quiet the last 24 hours though. I have the vhf simulcast frequencies for Fayette Co and peachtree city FD and I've not picked up anything from the 2 in the rr database if someone has any feedback on that.

CapStar362

A few miles out from Southern regional. They have been quiet the last 24 hours though. I have the vhf simulcast frequencies for Fayette Co and peachtree city FD and I've not picked up anything from the 2 in the rr database if someone has any feedback on that.

i dont think PTC even allows hunting within City Limits period. at least with a actual rifle. BB guns sure... arrows no problem. i had 4 BB guns when i lived in PTC..... one i loved! and then my father had his weapons.... never fired them in PTC though.... we always went to north outskirts of Tyrone or up into Fairburn at that range ( i cannot remember the name ) they had.

the BB Gun was a 950 FPS rated Multipump equipped with a HOLOdot RDS and a barrel fitted laser. i was god with that thing against squirrels, snakes, rabbits.... chipmunks.....

lots of snacks :) and good quick sandwiches

good ole SR huh.... i hated driving and even worse WALKING around there... PUHLENTY of junkies trying to intercept you for junkie $$$ and junkie products themselves.... CVS has a ( i think he is still there too ) armed guard to chase off these idiots from almost attacking people for their script drugs.

sad, and exactly the reason i left "Ghetto of the South ATL" area. never to return unless i am passing through.

just seeing a Clayton tag stirs memories....... did you know in 2002 Clayton County was cited as the "Worst" Driving record in the state in 5 different categories? topped all 5 categories as #1

side note for PTC weapons.... there was one exception. my father, my brother and myself we were heading down Bernhard road between south PTC and outskirts of South Fayetteville. driving a 88 Jaguar Vanden Plas XJ-6 a deer was spotted by dad..... he slowed down as it was raining lightly. deer turned and started walking back into the trees........... when .......... POOF!! deer made a panicked 180 right back into the road just as dad is resuming speed of 45 on Bernhard........ SPLAT!!! rear quarter of deers butt clips left fender. body whips around sending the head and small 3 point antlers into the drivers window. inches away from dads head, i watched those antlers damn near punch a hole in his temple. locking the brakes down, we pulled over and parked.

there are intermediate powerlines running down Bernhard. i believe either 30-60KV lines. and these are the days of 1st gen cell phones..... MASSIVE interference.

im steadily trying to call Fayette SO, no signal, no signal, dropped call, no call back..... dad is fuming at this deer, squirming around. deer starts to get up and attempts to troll away... dad is like OH HELL NO! runs to Jag, grabs 92M Beretta with the 17 round mag. loads, charges...........

POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP

out comes 10 rounds head and neck .

im looking at him with this expression of like "ahhhh"

6 minutes later a SO unit is HAULING *** down the road and stops at us.... Deputy is ordering us down...... im like HUH??? finally i realized someone heard the shots. there are homes within like .5 to .75 mile.... so when the sheriff realizes this by seeing the car and the deer butt guts on the fender and quarter panel... he relieves us of duress. he asks... sir did you fire a weapon? dad acknowledges yes, and requests to show the pistol. SO concurs, and allows to unload, clear and present. SO starts laughing ... after looking at the ext mag and only 7 rounds left, walks to the deer and sees the 10 holes. laughs harder!! okay sir, let me get my paperwork for a dead deer and paperwork for your accident.

found out the SO was a Marine also.... so we spent a good 60-90 minutes there talking back and forth.

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Thankfully the pre-emptive effect of the new Georgia gun laws prohibit local governments from restricting firearms now.

If you haven't read through the recent changes, you should, it is very enlightening. There is a LOT covered that surprised me.

....Paperwork for a dead deer??

CapStar362

ill have to look into that. i have browsed through some of the material....

hey thats what the SO said.... either joking or not, was funny

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I have the vhf simulcast frequencies for Fayette Co and peachtree city FD and I've not picked up anything from the 2 in the rr database if someone has any feedback on that.

You will hear the first tone-out/dispatch but that's it.
154.2350 for Peachtree City Fire
155.3850 for County Fire

alex4659

Just heard one arrested on the stockbridge dnr.

Capstar, quite a story. I don't know if the CVS still has an armed guard but I've only been in there like twice.

What does ptc stand for?

RRR, did ga ever pass the constitutional carry law I heard about a few years back?

N8IAA

Just heard one arrested on the stockbridge dnr.

Capstar, quite a story. I don't know if the CVS still has an armed guard but I've only been in there like twice.

What does ptc stand for?

RRR, did ga ever pass the constitutional carry law I heard about a few years back?

Peachtree City is my guess. Of course, maybe I should run it by RRR first:roll:
Larry

CapStar362

the Carry law, yes. including into churches and "SOME" government facilities to a certain point, not past anything "Secured"

RRR

Premium Subscriber
You may carry in "All" government facilities, -except courthouses and government buildings that have security screening by a certified officer present. Any others are allowed.

And then you have the opportunity to leave and stash your weapon and try again.

alex4659

the Carry law, yes. including into churches and "SOME" government facilities to a certain point, not past anything "Secured"

So ga residents don't need a ga weapons license to carry openly or concealed?

I haven't been on ga carry or ga packing lately.

N8IAA

So ga residents don't need a ga weapons license to carry openly or concealed?

I haven't been on ga carry or ga packing lately.

Nope. You need a CCW permit in GA. One is allowed to carry in more areas than one could before. And this thread has gone waaay off topic. Maybe we can go back to discussion of the DNR.
Larry

CapStar362

You may carry in "All" government facilities, -except courthouses and government buildings that have security screening by a certified officer present. Any others are allowed.

And then you have the opportunity to leave and stash your weapon and try again.

to further that, you can even in courthouse and gov, UNTIL you get to that security point. anything prior to "Secured" is now allowed. at least that is what i read... and yes

BACK ON TOPIC!

alex4659

Nope. You need a CCW permit in GA. One is allowed to carry in more areas than one could before. And this thread has gone waaay off topic. Maybe we can go back to discussion of the DNR.
Larry

Yeah it did. Still hearing dnr with DL and license plate checks and another reference to Inter op with griffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.