Set up for Uniden GPS receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiderfan70

I am still trying to set up my Uniden GPS with my BCD536HP scanner and did get some info from Uniden but was wondering if anyone has some details of set up. If y'all can help, it would be nice.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Explain what you mean by "set up." Do you mean how do you connect the GPS to your scanner? Or, do you mean how do you program your own systems to pay attention to GPS (rather than just using the main database)? Or, do you mean something else?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you are asking about the physical set-up:

The actual set-up (connecting the GPS device to a power supply and to the scanner) is pretty straight-forward). The 9 pin data cable goes to the back of the scanner. The power plug goes in a vehicle power point and the two round connectors mate.

It will take the GPS receive a few minutes to acquire and process a GPS signal in the beginning - be sure you are out in the open.

I've used the GPS/536 combination on some recent trips from Kentucky to Minnesota and from Kentucky to Florida and have been quite happy with the results.

bama9999

My guess would be that the OP was asking about what the settings in the scanner itself need to be. I've never used a gps with my scanner yet, so I can't offer advice.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I didn't have to change anything--the defaults were set to match the Uniden GPS puck. All I had to do was plug it into the scanner and a 12V jack.

raiderfan70

I wanted to thank all of you folks who responded to my quest for 536 GPS info. I have gotten many responses and I think I have it down now. Once again, thanks to all that replied.

raiderfan 70

raiderfan70

Sentinel question

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with trying to transfer my favorites list back to my 536 scanner. You see I accidentally checked the box that says delete my favorites while I was trying to write to my scanner with changes that I had made to my FL. Now I cannot figure out how to get my FL back to my scanner. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. I have tried all I know and am not a techn ical perosn so I need help from someone who is patient and will write it out step by step.

Thanks,
Tom
raiderfan70

Voyager

If you mean delete before writing, the FLs should have been replaced when Sentinel wrote the scanner unless you deleted them from Sentinel as well. If they still show in Sentinel, check your profile to make sure DOWNLOAD is enabled (and MONITOR).

Triangulum

Edit: Deleted. ----- Read Voyager's response. I replied late without refreshing the thread.

On a side note, go into [ Menu-Set Scan Location-Select Lists to Monitor ] and check to see if the Favorites List are there if you already tried writing to the scanner again.

raiderfan70

FL

Hi,
I did go to the scanner, menu, set scan location, saw lists to monitor and the favorites were there but turned off. I turned them on and it looked like it was scanned but no activity on the favorites yet. Maybe I will try to write to the scanner again. Thanks for the help.

raiderfan70

Voyager,
I tried a couple times this morning to write to the scanner and nothing until I saw a message from another place that suggested I rewrite to the scanner and then go to menu-set scan selection-lists to monitor and found that all my favorites were turned off, turned them back on and now all is well. Thank you for your replies, it's appreciated. I knew it could not be anything too wrong but I panic sometimes because I love this machine and don't wan to mess it up. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.