A/C adapter for BCD436HP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
A/C power for BCD436HP, Just now found out it doesn't have an a/c adapter, plug with it, what should i get that will work, as 99 percent of the time it'll be sitting on my dresser, then going mobile sometimes with the rechargable batteries. I had a RS scanner that recently died, and it always plugged into the wall at home. Any linds to the correct item i'll need, would be great. Got the radio ordered, and it should be here Wednesday.

Hit_Factor

Any charger with a USB port should be fine. Keyword is should. There have been a few reports of external power supplies failing and frying the scanner.

Consider taking a pass on the $2 truck stop chargers.

Last edited:

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I've got a usb a/c plug from an old iPhone i had, would that work?

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
If the iPhone adapter will work, and be safe, i'll save the $$$ and use that, Thanks folks, i really appreciate it.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link, that looks a good one, with the surge protection, and usb ports.

stingray327

A/C power for BCD436HP, Just now found out it doesn't have an a/c adapter, plug with it, what should i get that will work, as 99 percent of the time it'll be sitting on my dresser, then going mobile sometimes with the rechargable batteries. I had a RS scanner that recently died, and it always plugged into the wall at home. Any linds to the correct item i'll need, would be great. Got the radio ordered, and it should be here Wednesday.

I just got a 436 and find that I can use the regular USB connector to charge the batteries connected to computer.
Also one of my other chargers for a cellphone I can use to run 436 of the AC power.
I did order a DC adapter to use the 436 in the car.

cm

I likewise ordered a 436 this week and it will be here tomorrow. My situation is going to be the same as TxScanner, my scanner will be used as a home scanner and I will take it mobile with me part of the time. My question is this. Can I use the scanner just using the ac power with the batteries out of scanner? I'm planning on buying a separate charging console for my batteries. I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I likewise ordered a 436 this week and it will be here tomorrow. My situation is going to be the same as TxScanner, my scanner will be used as a home scanner and I will take it mobile with me part of the time. My question is this. Can I use the scanner just using the ac power with the batteries out of scanner? I'm planning on buying a separate charging console for my batteries. I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure.
Yes you can use it without the batteries installed.Enjoy your new scanner.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I ordered the Belkin a/c plug with the usb ports from amazon that was linked earlier by a member, but i dont think i need it now, since i relized that i already had a surge protector where i plug my stuff into, and I already have a usb a/c block from a old iPhone i had, thats the same amp and everything that i need for the 436. and i'll just plug it into the surge protector.

Also, i had a Pro-106 that died, that i currently have on eBay, and it had came with an a/c input, and to battery holders, one for rechargeable and one for regular batteries, so i already have a energizer battery hcarger and energizer rechargable AA batteries that i had used in my 106. Cause like i said above, and the other member said too, my 106 that i had was 99% home use, and then id unplug it, stick the rechargeable batteries in, and go, and when i got home, id take the battery pack out, and plug it back into a/c. I'll just have to read up, and see what all to do with the new one.

I use one of these,
But made by GE...
waS 20$ AT WALMART...

I have my PSR800 & 436 plugged in..
Works great.

Attachments

• 0004318014090_300X300.jpg
    0004318014090_300X300.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
One more question, do i need a diffrent anttenna, to pick up 800mhz stuff, or does the included antenna already do that?? If not, any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.