OPP frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

echomaster

Does anyone know the OPP frequencies used for Lanark County / Kanata? Any help would be appreciated

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the OPP frequencies used for Lanark County / Kanata? Any help would be appreciated

You can't just enter in frequencies and then listen. Unless you are within range of a unit with the repeater on you have to have a scanner that allows you to decode a mixed P25 and analogue radio system.

The database, supposedly the backbone of this site has the answer you need to start you off.

echomaster

Thanks for the reply however I am a newbie with this I'm totally confused If someone new the way to go about doing this it would be awesome

DaveH

Thanks for the reply however I am a newbie with this I'm totally confused If someone new the way to go about doing this it would be awesome

First, I suggest getting some basic familiarity with trunking. There are no "OPP frequencies"
for the main system; they are assigned from a pool common to other users of the
system on an as-required/available basis. There are some specific non-trunked discrete ones
you can listen to but with serious limitations i.e. content and short range from the source.

What kind of scanner do you have?

Dave

echomaster

Hi Dave, I have a uniden 895xlt I can currently get one OPP channel but was hoping for more

DaveH

The BC895 is quite dated (I have one and still find it useful for some things, but not this...)

It doesn't support Motorola Type II trunking on VHF; and if it did, it would only
cover MOH and some MTO operations (analog), but not OPP (digital). For that you
need a digital trunking scanner.

Dave

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi Dave, I have a uniden 895xlt I can currently get one OPP channel but was hoping for more

The OPP have a few repeater frequencies. Why dont you check the database and see if it is the one channel that you have in your scanner.

The database, the forums are very clear, the OPP use Fleetnet. a mixed analogue and P25 digital system where you need to have a scanner that is capable of working it. The OPP have not been on 'channels' for almost 13 years. The only OPP channels are repeaters, listed in the data base and such. If you are lucky enough to be close to an actual OPP cruiser it will allow you to listen to it's activity and the activity of some of the other cars that are on the same talkgroup as this close-by unit.

DaveH

There is a Beat Repeater in Carleton Place on 413.5375 but I'm doubting you will
hear it well in Kanata unless in a good high location (like the Kanata hill on Hwy.417).
It's worth a try, nothing to lose. Also try the VRs (410.8625 etc.) and SIM11 (148.765)

Dave

CanWoodsman

DaveH already mentioned a place in the OP's area.
Data base lists other places.
They are short range repeaters used for officers on foot patrol in areas such as towns and villages.
But I'm sure EJB you knew this and could have expanded on my comment if you felt it would have been helpful instead of requesting that I add the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.