Tor on the go

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I paid for a Tor subscription one year and used it for about two months before disabling it, Every day or so I would find myself knocked back from a paid user to a non paying user which means you have to put up with the ads. There support staff would always say you will have to be a paid member, well that is fine once or twice but everytime you go on the internet?

I won't ever subscribe to Tor again.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
I paid for a Tor subscription one year and used it for about two months before disabling it, Every day or so I would find myself knocked back from a paid user to a non paying user which means you have to put up with the ads. There support staff would always say you will have to be a paid member, well that is fine once or twice but everytime you go on the internet?

I won't ever subscribe to Tor again.

Interesting, thanks!

CapStar362

only thing i see a issue...... gaming

for any of us that do and anything Latency critical.... tor throws a nice latency spike into.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
only thing i see a issue...... gaming

for any of us that do and anything Latency critical.... tor throws a nice latency spike into.

I would worry about a man in the middle sort of attacks.

Not to mention, they have had a few issues with exit nodes over the years.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Ok, shows you what I know about Tor. Wayne, that's quite a thrashing on Reddit. I normally don't read Reddit, find it confusing and wandering all in 16 different directions on any given topic. I'm surprised WIRED fell for the story. Subject matter -- privacy -- attracted my attention, not the fact it was Tor. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.