BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi on my 436 on full database top screen says Bay Area Rapid Transit if you see it pop up on your 436 you can press the system button and it should hold on it then the two other lines show talk group scan

Last edited:

stingray327

Hi on my 436 on full database top screen says Bay Area Rapid Transit if you see it pop up on your 436 you can press the system button and it should hold on it then the two other lines show talk group scan

I am on full database scan. Haven't seen BART pop up at all. I might try changing the range to 30 miles or more.

kma371

QRT
Some of The BART talkgroups were marked as "public works" but they should all be marked as "transportation."

I've updated them. That may have been your issue.

kma371

QRT
I Changed the public works ones to transportation so try it again and see if that works.

robocop80

Maybe this will help you out

Hello Stingray,

I have the BCD536hp which I believe the setup would be the same. I am in Plesant Hill and here is what I did to get Bart. I am only interested in the police and fire channel on bart so I locked out the others.

Press Menu>Set Scan Selection>Select List to Monitor> Full Database On

You should be able to back out of this selection by pressing menu a few times to get you back to scanning. You scanner should now pick up everything in the mile radius you selected. You can then click on the individuals systems you dont want and double click avoid to lock our permanantly or click once for a temp lock out. You can do the same for the dept and channel.

I hope this helps you out and I didnt mess something up that people will jump on me for.

stingray327

Hello Stingray,

I have the BCD536hp which I believe the setup would be the same. I am in Plesant Hill and here is what I did to get Bart. I am only interested in the police and fire channel on bart so I locked out the others.

Press Menu>Set Scan Selection>Select List to Monitor> Full Database On

You should be able to back out of this selection by pressing menu a few times to get you back to scanning. You scanner should now pick up everything in the mile radius you selected. You can then click on the individuals systems you dont want and double click avoid to lock our permanantly or click once for a temp lock out. You can do the same for the dept and channel.

I hope this helps you out and I didnt mess something up that people will jump on me for.

I already did this no result.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Are you using a stock antenna or do you have an external antenna also are you able to get other systems besides BART

qc

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried doing a factory reset and have you tried different locations and update the database via Uniden Software?

kma371

QRT
Have you tried doing a factory reset and have you tried different locations and update the database via Uniden Software?

Factory reset isn't necessary.

Can you pick up control channel conventionally?

robocop80

Did you happen to check to make sure they were not on your avoid list by accident? Just trying to think of any little thing that might help. What area in the bay are you located? When I was in Oakland yesterday Bart was not coming up and I realized somehow I had locked them out by accident.

stingray327

Did you happen to check to make sure they were not on your avoid list by accident? Just trying to think of any little thing that might help. What area in the bay are you located? When I was in Oakland yesterday Bart was not coming up and I realized somehow I had locked them out by accident.

No not locked out besides after you turn radio off or on isn't that only temporary? I notice alot of the same news media channels keep coming up so I have to locked them out only for them to return the next time I use radio. I didn't see BART on the avoid list.. There is a way to check the avoid list right? You can also make it permanent or temporary avoid?

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi I would hook your unit up to the Uniden Sentinel program you can download all your list and you could do a database update to make sure you have the latest frequencies and talkgroups

stingray327

Hi I would hook your unit up to the Uniden Sentinel program you can download all your list and you could do a database update to make sure you have the latest frequencies and talkgroups

I haven't even got to that part yet. I am just playing around with just the scanner at the moment. How difficult is it to hook up 436 to Sentinel program? Sentinel Program is on this website?

Status
Not open for further replies.