Obama coming to Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Tomorrow, 10/15, President Obama is scheduled to be in the 5 Points section of Union from approx 3-7pm. Major gridlock might ensue due to this being a major intersection near the Parkway and Route 22. Should be some interesting listening.

Last edited:

Analogrules

It would be interesting if any of the secret service frequencies can be heard in the clear.

Analogrules

I find the Union Twp. EDACS system rough to monitor because of their short distance range. I live in the next town over and even though I can hear them, their signal is a little weak. I heard they have to disband those 500 MHz frequencies by 2020, but hope they switch to something better sooner. I remember when their PD used 155.055 (now used by EMS) and what a nice signal they had!

SCPD

QRT
oh yes.. try listening to Baltosrol Golf club...
I can pick up union twp. from Jersey City but I doubt a golf course or much else. I was being nonchalant about obama and golf because IMO it's all he's good at doing. We'll leave it at that.

SCPD

QRT
Tomorrow, 10/15, President Obama is scheduled to be in the 5 Points section of Union from approx 3-7pm. Major gridlock might ensue due to this being a major intersection near the Parkway and Route 22. Should be some interesting listening.
Is that Galloping Hill Road and Chestnut Street area?

Analogrules

Haha, I thought you were serious when asking about the Golf Course because Galloping Hill Golf Course happens to be nearby, which is licensed to 451.9125. I remember picking them up once when I was in the immediate area, but some other company uses DMR on that same frequency making it annoying to monitor (as if monitoring a golf course on the scanner is much fun anyway).

bailly2

listen to new york air traffic control for air force one arriving when they are above 10,000 feet and then listen to newark airport final approach. plug in all the frequencies for secret service/white house communications agency from the wiki wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/United_States_Secret_Service

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Five Points will be closed from 2:30pm to 7:30pm. The Garden State Parkway will be closed during his arrival. I believe he's actually flying into JFK, but I could be wrong. However advance teams will probably be working from about 8am. Expect LOTS of activity on the NJICS by both State and Union County. Union County will more than likely be providing UCOEM EMS, UCOEM Hazmat 10, and UCPD TEU for the USSS's detail. Basically, this is gonna be our chance to go nuts on logging federal stuff.

:)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Five Points will be closed from 2:30pm to 7:30pm. The Garden State Parkway will be closed during his arrival. I believe he's actually flying into JFK, but I could be wrong. However advance teams will probably be working from about 8am. Expect LOTS of activity on the NJICS by both State and Union County. Union County will more than likely be providing UCOEM EMS, UCOEM Hazmat 10, and UCPD TEU for the USSS's detail. Basically, this is gonna be our chance to go nuts on logging federal stuff.

:)
JFK or EWR?

Status
Not open for further replies.