• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PD362 UHF DMR portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1das

Not sure where to post this since there isn't a DMR radio forum on the site.

Anybody have the new Hytera PD362 UHF DMR portable yet? I recently picked up a few of these.
Hytera

Coverage is 430-470MHz, does DMR digital (Moto's brand name is MOTOTRBO) and conventional analog. Tx power is 3W (High) and 1.5W (Low). 256 channels and 3 zones. Has the features of larger DMR portables, minus the DTMF keypad.

Cute little radio and perfect for DMR ham operation on 440!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have been using one for about a week. Audio is very good, receive as sensitive as my PD782. It has 2 RX Group Lists and USB charging. The battery is not easily changed as in a full size HT, but the size is amazingls small and compact. The fixed antenna limits transmit comparison to the full size radios, but it is only 1 watt less than most UHF handhelds (3w vs 4w). The usb charging makes it great for traveling. and 256 memory slots will cover several cities.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
The brochure says 3 zones and 256 channels, but the CPS is limiting zones to 16 channels each but allows more than three. Which is right?

I ordered one and am working on the codeplug.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
PD362

I have been able to create 16 zones and 8 scan lists, but only 2 RX Groups. The channel info is a little confusing, but my understanding is 128 digital and 128 analog, which would give the 256 total.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
That will work for what I want it for. Thanks!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
16 channels per zone is the norm in commercial grade radios. Depending on how you are setting up the radio, you can have 8 or more RX groups per frequency, so those 128 channels can fill up quickly on the DMR side. If you PM me, I will send a copy of the code plug I use for my area.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
This will be my "local" radio, so just two DMR repeaters (~18 TGs each), plus some DMR direct channels and a few dozen analog channels.

I've got the codeplug built, I'm just waiting for the radio to arrive. Thanks!

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
And I get the 16ch per zone "norm," I just couldn't figure out what kind of math gives 256 channels with three 16 channel zones. Glad the CPS matches the radio instead of the brochure matching the radio.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Good luck. I use mine for local and travel to northern Illinois. My son lives about 12 miles from Motorola/Schaumburg and the home of DMR in the US. I like it because I don't have to carry a separate charger. My tablet, phone, and PD362 all use the micro USB connector. My 2 meter/220 HT and scanner charge through mini USB, and I found a USB cable with both mini and micro connectors. If my new Windows tablet will work with the drivers, I won't even have to take my laptop for programming anymore.

gregg22

I see them on ebay for about 150.00 from china.Has anyone bought one from there? I am wondering if they are na firmware and code plug or china firmware and code plug
Gregg

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes. Don't have the radio yet. Heard some others with them in SoCal and they seemed happy, so I went for it. I'll post an update once I get it.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I got mine for $300 with software and cable from US dealer. It has been very satisfactory since my first post, with no surprises or problems.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a PD368 from China from radio8688 on eBay. It arrived in around 11 days and it is identical to my friend's PD362 (NA Version).

They do in fact do 128 analog and 128 digital channels for a total of 256 channels. They do up to 16 zones of 16 channels each, which can be mixed analog and digital.

They only do 32 contacts, which includes group and individual contacts. Only 2 RX Group lists are available.

They will do a total of 8 scan lists, each list can contain only digital or only analog channels. Not sure why this is, as the brochure says it will scan both at the same time. Very annoying and probably a deal-breaker for some.

I have noticed on both the NA and AS versions that the scan doesn't work on digital channels, seems to work fine on analog but is slow.

Overall I am very happy with mine, but I do hope a firmware update and new software will be issued to address these issues.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
ATF1224 found the same things I did. What I'll add:

1. You have to use the "AS" programming software (CPS), as the EN won't work. It also won't import a codeplug created using EN.
2. No user adjustable scan lists. You'd better get it the way you want in the CPS. (bummer)
3. No nuisance delete. (ughh)
4. You can have all tones, which includes the bothersome end call tone, or no tones. I want keypad and talk permit tones, but I don't need beeps every time someone unkeys.
5. I have no idea how (if?) I will ever get updated firmware or CPS. I bought mine off eBay from a Chinese seller who included a link to download the CPS. The version I was sent is already a bit out of date. I wonder what I'm missing.

With all of those negatives said, I still like the little radio. Great fit/finish, good audio, and 3 watts is plenty. It won't replace my CS700, and it hasn't mitigated my desire to get a Hytera X1p. But for $148, it's a great little radio.

(if you're a ham and you want one of these, make sure it comes with wideband enabled. Mine did.)

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
This will be my "local" radio, so just two DMR repeaters (~18 TGs each), plus some DMR direct channels and a few dozen analog channels.

I've got the codeplug built, I'm just waiting for the radio to arrive. Thanks!

I am confused on the Codeplug programming, anyway to DM it so I can look at it, Take out your ID I am good there I am just confused on the Contact to RX listing, It seems like I need to create a channel for each TG Very confusing to me

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am confused on the Codeplug programming, anyway to DM it so I can look at it, Take out your ID I am good there I am just confused on the Contact to RX listing, It seems like I need to create a channel for each TG Very confusing to me

You do realize you are responding to a 4 year old thread?

Marshall KE4ZNR

n1das

After I pressed send
Oops
It's OK. The thread is still relevant.

I sold my PD362 radios after enjoying them for a year. They have no ENC capability which makes them useless on a friend's business DMR network. Maybe that's changed in the PD362 through a recent FW update. They are cute little radios and worked very well but I was outgrowing them.

I happened to be watching the Tour de France coverage on TV a couple of years ago and spotted a PD362 on one of the cyclists. It's easy to spot radios you own or have owned in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.