Performance compared to the XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I currently own two BCD996XT scanners. I have an opportunity to pick up a BCD996T for a good price.

I've carefully noted all the feature differences in the Wiki. That being said, how do they compare in performance? I have some less active, less important things I want to monitor, without tying up my XTs. On a given band/mode/frequency, are they similar in performance?

W6KRU

The T models do not allow you to specify digijtal/analog audio. IMHO this is what causes the occasional burst of digital audio(motorboat) on my local mixed mode Moto system.

The XT models do not have a true manual P25 threshold adjustment. This causes high P25 err rates at times on some simulcast systems. This problem got better with the last firmware release that allows a pseudo manual threshold adjustment.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The T models do not allow you to specify digijtal/analog audio. IMHO this is what causes the occasional burst of digital audio(motorboat) on my local mixed mode Moto system.

The XT? models do not have a true manual P25 threshold adjustment. This causes high P25 err rates at times on some simulcast systems. This problem got better with the last firmware release that allows a pseudo manual threshold adjustment.

Did you mean to say "T"?

mule1075

Feed Provider

The XT models do not have a true manual P25 threshold adjustment. This causes high P25 err rates at times on some simulcast systems. This problem got better with the last firmware release that allows a pseudo manual threshold adjustment.
The 996t does allow you to specify. The 396t does not.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.