Grand Junction PD Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwenke

Premium Subscriber
I don't seem to be able to pick up anything other than Dispatch. I get the SO, CSP and Park Service ok. Are there other frequencies that are unpublished?

dw2872

Grand Junction PD "Car-to-Car" and "Data" (Clearance) channels are both encrypted if those are the other ones you are talking about.

Schwenke

Premium Subscriber
I know that Data is usually encrypted but I haven't found the Car to Dispatch. Shouldn't they be unencrypted since Dispatch isn't encrypted?
I don't have the frequencies in my scanner.

Bruce

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Are you monitoring the VHF frequencies? I'm fairly certain that Grand Junction (and most of Mesa County) no longer primarily operate on VHF. Their primary form of communications should be on the State of Colorado Digital Trunked Radio System (DTRS). There might be some limited simulcasting of the radio traffic onto VHF, but it really depends on how it is setup. It's possible that Grand Junction PD has it setup so that only the dispatcher is simulcasted onto VHF and not the cars. You would probably have to invest in a digital scanner if you haven't done so already if you are interested in hearing the officers in the field.

If you are using a digital scanner and are monitoring DTRS, then I don't know why you wouldn't be hearing the cars in the field.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I know that Data is usually encrypted but I haven't found the Car to Dispatch. Shouldn't they be unencrypted since Dispatch isn't encrypted?
I don't have the frequencies in my scanner.

Bruce

Are you referring to frequencies or talk groups? Big difference.

Jim<

rc104a

GJ PD FD SO all work fine- data and some car-car talk groups are encrypted.

n0nhp

I'll be glad to meet with you someplace and work out what your programming problems are. As has been said, you need a scanner capable of 800MHz P25 digtal scanning, otherwise there is not too much to listen to in the valley anymore.
nzeronhp at gmail dot com

Bruce

Schwenke

Premium Subscriber
frequencies

Thanks everyone. I have rediscovered the PD dispatch and it gives me what I want. My digital scanner is located in a disadvantage location in the house (the basement), so I don't get everything. But I get a lot.
Again, I appreciate everyone's willingness to help.
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.