Central Louisiana Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

klwjmw

Premium Subscriber
Need help, I am very close to purchasing a Uniden 996 and need help with information on the Alexandria, La. Police Dept...As you all most probably know that they have been given permission to upgrade to the 700 mh frequencies and P25 digital Phase 1 upgrade to their system, What I need to know before I purchase, if Known, is the state of Louisiana going to stay with Phase 1 or are they going to Phase 2 anytimes soon...Any and all comments will be appreciated..Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LA as an waiver in with the FCC, to delay implementation of Phase 2 until 2020. As of then all LWIN must be P25 Phase 2. All other 700 MHz systems in the state will have to be Phase 2 by 2017 unless they also have waivers in. up in MS, the MSWIN will be Phase 2 in 2017, up in AR, AWIN has an waiver until 2020. Hope this helps.

klwjmw

Premium Subscriber
I now have no traffic on my analog scanner for the Alexandria City Police,,,Does anyone have the new digital contral channels and/or tags for same...I guess they went digital yesterday..anyhelp from anyone would be appreciated...RR as of this date does not have any new information on the Alexandria City Police or Rapides Parish Sherrifs Office or Rapides Communication Center...Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.