EDACS and LTR system programming help, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I live in VA, am unsure if I am under the right sub-forum, but is there a way to program a multi-site EDACS or LTS system without having to put in multiple copies of the same system? Radio Shack Pro-106.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
If you are referring to multiple users or talkgroups that you want to be able to separate, then no you only need to enter the system once. You can then separate the users by assigning them to different scanlists.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I live in VA, am unsure if I am under the right sub-forum, but is there a way to program a multi-site EDACS or LTS system without having to put in multiple copies of the same system? Radio Shack Pro-106.

If you are referring to multiple users or talkgroups that you want to be able to separate, then no you only need to enter the system once. You can then separate the users by assigning them to different scanlists.
Actually, you would only be able to enter the system "once" if none of the sites duplicated the LCN's. For example, if one site used LCN's 1, 3, & 7, and the other used 4, 5, & 6, no duplications, then you might be able to combine them.

But if one or more LCN's is used on multiple sites, then you would need to enter the system for each site, along with the talkgroups, presuming you wanted to specify only those of interest. That applies to both EDACS and LTR trunked systems, which require that the frequencies be entered in specific channel positions (the LCN # shown in the database).

For Motorola and P25 systems, you can enter more than one site in the PRO-106, as well as the other object oriented scanners (PSR-500 & -600, PRO-197, as well as the follow on Whistler models of them).

NS9710

EDACS systems:
Spotsylvania County Trunking System, Spotsylvania, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies This is one system in question.
Central Planning District Trunking System, Various, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies this is another
LTR system:
US Steel Corporation Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies when I go on Vacation, I like to monitor this system.

I use multiple systems to monitor it due to two sites. I just don't know how this works, I've been lead to believe that I have to use separate systems due to separate sites. Have I been doing this wrong, or can I put them all in one site as I would a Motorola Smartzone/Project25, ect systems.

Septa3371CSX1

For Motorola and P-25 systems you can program it as one system with all the control channel frequencies. LTR and EDACS systems you need to program all the frequencies in proper LCN order. Most EDACS systems with multiple frequency sets you'll need to program each as a separate system due to duplicate LCN's. LTR systems the same way. You can also program multiple LTR (and in some rare instances, EDACS) systems in the same bank / system if there are no duplicate LCN's. I have a few LTR systems programmed like this in my Pro 97, 164, and 2055.

kc4jgc

Because of identical LCN's; you MUST program each site as separate systems. In your senario, you would then have to enter each talk group for each site. However, I would limit the talk groups to the sites with their intended primary coverage (if that makes sense). For example, in the Lynchburg area system, I only enter the Lynchburg groups for the Lynchburg site, the Amherst County groups on those 2 sites, and the Bedford county talkgroups on those 2 sites. No wildcards for any site. Whether you place all in one scan list or divide by locality is up to you. Personally, I do the latter.

For Spotsylvania, I duplicate everything there. For the commercial system in Pennsylvania, If you're going to be in range of more than one site, you'd need to duplicate as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.