National Disaster Medical in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Hearing traffic on 407.4625 and possibly 407.2625 which are part of the National Disaster Medical System. Couldn't make out much but they were digital.

ecps92

??

Many of those frequencies are SHARED with other government users.
What NAC was used ??

Hearing traffic on 407.4625 and possibly 407.2625 which are part of the National Disaster Medical System. Couldn't make out much but they were digital.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Didn't catch the NAC either. Just got back in town and will monitor more closely. I've never heard any activity on these channels and the timing is remarkable.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Didn't catch the NAC either. Just got back in town and will monitor more closely. I've never heard any activity on these channels and the timing is remarkable.
Russell,

I punched them into a couple of scanners, including one attached to a rooftop antenna. Not picking up anything from my location so far, s/w of downtown, but if they are in & around the Presby area, Central & Walnut Hill, I could be too far away.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I heard one in the immediate area of Presby (driving down Central). I heard the other south of dowtown on I35 (within 20 minutes). Unfortunately, I didn't record it or catch the important as I was headed to south Texas.But you ca bet I'm listening now :). I'll post what I hear. I thought it particularly interesting as I've never heard anything on these freqs before.

ecps92

Don't forget FEMA has the MERS Detachment and Regional Ops Center in Denton. Could be just testing stuff out, or normal traffic that no one has shared/posted (on-going for years?)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I heard one in the immediate area of Presby (driving down Central). I heard the other south of dowtown on I35 (within 20 minutes). Unfortunately, I didn't record it or catch the important as I was headed to south Texas.But you ca bet I'm listening now :). I'll post what I hear. I thought it particularly interesting as I've never heard anything on these freqs before.
I went ahead and put the 536 on Dept hold on those two, with record on. I'm not far from the I-35E/US Hwy 67 split south of downtown.

I think I'll also add the CDC frequencies noted here. Today is "zero day" for many of those in the first quarantine group, exposed to the first, now deceased victim, Thomas Duncan. It's been 21 days since their last contact with him, and if they remain showing no symptoms, which is currently the case, then they will be considered safe and released from supervision shortly.

The larger group, many of healthcare workers at Presbyterian Hospital, have longer to go. I have not seen direct figures on what they are considering on total possible exposures from passengers on the plane with the second nurse (flights to/from Cleveland), as well as passengers on the same plane(s) on the 7 flights after she was aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.