Pro-2006 & limit search feature use

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
When using the " limit search " feature. The 'manual' says if you press the monitor button it will store the find. Then its says press the up or down arrow to continue the search...

My question is, when its gets a hit, will it just stay & hold until I interact with it or will it resume the search after the transmission ends?

nd5y

Search is just like scanning. It resumes after the transmission ends and delay time is up.
You can't adjust delay time. The DELAY key toggles it on or off. There is no way to make it automatically stop and hold.
I still have mine that I bought in 1994.
It still has way better sensitivity than a BCD396T especially on UHF and 7/8/900 MHz.

joeuser

The Wretched
Search is just like scanning. It resumes after the transmission ends and delay time is up.
You can't adjust delay time. The DELAY key toggles it on or off. There is no way to make it automatically stop and hold.
I still have mine that I bought in 1994.
It still has way better sensitivity than a BCD396T especially on UHF and 7/8/900 MHz.
I wondered. The 2006 was one of a kind, this was a rig I drooled over for years but couldn't afford back then. I got this used one in good shape & aside from a scratchy volume knob I'm enjoying it... I was hoping to use it to search but...

Anyway, thank you!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I wondered. The 2006 was one of a kind, this was a rig I drooled over for years but couldn't afford back then. I got this used one in good shape & aside from a scratchy volume knob I'm enjoying it... I was hoping to use it to search but...

Anyway, thank you!

The scratchy volume control can be fixed with a shot of tuner cleaner, or contact cleaner, carefully spraying into a tiny open area on the back of the control.

kc2kth

Bought a 2005 new shortly before the 2006 came out since we didn't know then if the 2006 would still be modifiable for cellular. Did the crystal swap and diode mods, years later replaced the backlight. Still has the scar from the soldering iron on the top front plastic to prove it. I bought a 2006 several years ago, sold it but kept my 2005. Love that scanner.

typesix

When using the " limit search " feature. The 'manual' says if you press the monitor button it will store the find. Then its says press the up or down arrow to continue the search...

My question is, when its gets a hit, will it just stay & hold until I interact with it or will it resume the search after the transmission ends?

Some of the Regency models would stop on a freq during search mode and the user would need to press the search button to resume searching.

AC2OY

That was a good scanner! I used to live then in a two family probably up 30 feet or better I could hear old conventional frequencies miles away crystal clear. Then when people would use those mobile car phones?! I used to have a notebook I would write the frequencies download!! Oh the good ole days everything for the most part was out in the open. It would only skip the military or Goverment bands during a spectrum search. Two guys in my club still have those scanners. They did a few mods to increase from 400 channels to many more. They break my $&@? ALL time about selling it. I didn't know this website or thst club them I'm still sad.😔

Om_Audio

I love my 2005. What is the crystal swap and did it make a difference you feel was worth the effort?
C

Bought a 2005 new shortly before the 2006 came out since we didn't know then if the 2006 would still be modifiable for cellular. Did the crystal swap and diode mods, years later replaced the backlight. Still has the scar from the soldering iron on the top front plastic to prove it. I bought a 2006 several years ago, sold it but kept my 2005. Love that scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.