BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Radio Shack just listed the BCD436HP today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael-SATX

Radio Shack just listed the BCD436HP at RadioShack.com and in the ANSO Product Portal today !

RS Catalog # 200-0677 @ $499.99 . It just became an active SKU officially today 10/17/2014.

As of today it's status is "Yes" for "Ship4FREE" ( used to be called "Direct2U") ie no charge for shipping.

Most folks would choose to ship to a store, instead of their home, so someone is there to sign for it, etc.

In time we shall see if this scanner will be store stocked. Currently no stores show a Model Quantity.

Boatanchor

I got two words for ya:

'Channel Stuffing'

By selling online only, RS is playing a clever game of only buying units from Uniden as they are needed/sold.
In this way, RS doesn't take any risk of having stock it can't sell and Uniden doesn't get a chance to Channel Stuff its products into Radioshack's relatively large distribution network, thereby making it's sales figures look (temporarily) better.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
From the description on the RS website....

The BCD436HP is the first scanner to incorporate the HomePatrol-1's ease of use in a traditional handheld scanner. Plus, Uniden's exclusive Close Call® RF Capture feature, GPS Connectivity, Radio System Analysis and Discover Modes put the most advanced scanner features ever right in the palm of your hand.

Bwhahahahahahaha.

Subliminal87

I wonder if they do decide to offer the 536, if they'll include the analyze feature in its description also? Probably. Hell, they'll probably even tout the Siren app / /WiFi feature.

Yeah, you would think places would put like a note- Not yet available.

But I have a Radioshack gift card still. I'd only be paying $100 for the 436 or $200 for the 536. Soooo tempted, but deep down i want the 536. Or I could pair the 436 with a 996xt, but not sure how the 996xt will do on our new system when it goes live in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.