El Dorado County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I may need to program a BC346XT scanner for a sale to person who lives in Placerville. Looking to find out what I need to program for California Highway Patrol (CHP) for this area if it's not digital? Most of the county stuff I can download from the RRDB but not sure about CHP. Thanks for any assistance.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Here you go:

Blue Secondary for the Valley Region CHP:

44.84 B 173.8 PL BLUE
42.36 M 173.8 PL

East Side of the County:

45.60 B 173.8 PL GRAY Truckee (80); Gold Run (70); South Lake Tahoe (13)
42.88 M 173.8 PL

West Side of the County:

45.36 B 167.9 PL GREEN Auburn (45) ; Grass Valley (42) ; Placerville (44)
42.72 M 167.9 PL

petnrdx

While looking at those, I am curious regarding that same area, and north to Susanville, and west of Halleluiah Junction.

I read the frequency of 44.98 Tx and 42.08 Tx directly off of CHP equipment in a site along the Sierra.

Are those Blue and Amber as they were labeled, or was that old info?

These were repeater transmits.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
44.98 is supposed to be the new Northern Blue. The 42.08 is the Amber Base for Susanville, and you should receive that in Reno since their is a a sight on Peavine Ridge that looks up 395 going to Susanville.

petnrdx

Thanks for the info.

Been listening, but VERY little traffic.

Extremely short transmissions. Weird. Kind like ATC.

What I hear is very strong tho.

Using a Motorola Maxtrac that I aligned for that split.

Probably just not much going on in those beats.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
As you said, not much going on in those beats. Check out CHP Traffic and go to the Susanville comm center. Whenver I check it out sparingly it's usually empty with no active/pending incidents. The times that I have seen it, later in the evening, their incident numbers are typically shy of 100 cummulative.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
CHP

Among the CHP channels I monitor from that area, Gray is busy; but it depends on day of the week, weather, and time of day. With a storm coming in this Friday, and it being Friday; I'd expect there to be a lot more traffic once drivers are heading in to that area (late afternoon).

Blue channels are always hit and miss; as they're used for speed enforcement and incidents.

russianspd

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much any BLUE channel activity I have heard has been Air doing speed on I-5 or 205. This last Winter Amador/Calaveras got so busy with the amount of snow incidents they had to split Stockton up and moved all their traffic to the Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.