Software for mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson135

Hi! Just signed up with the purpose of downloading the channels for my Uniden scanner and if I get it right, you can't do this with a mac. Am I missing something or is it really only available for PCs?

Thanks,
Jim

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi! Just signed up with the purpose of downloading the channels for my Uniden scanner and if I get it right, you can't do this with a mac. Am I missing something or is it really only available for PCs?

Thanks,
Jim

Uniden does not write any scanner software for Macs.

You didn't mention which scanner or software you are trying to use, but... there are many users on the forum using programming software on a Mac via Parallels, VMware, Boot Camp etc.

The forum is searchable, and you will find quite a bit of good info here.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I use VMware Fusion to run a Windows virtual machine on my Mac. It runs well is is more stable than Windows on my laptop. Caveat - You need a copy of Windows in addition to the virtual machine software. I recommend using Windows 7 for compatibility with some drivers. I have other reasons to use the virtual machine in my profession, but being able to run programming software is a plus. On other point, Mac's do not feed audio line in to the Mac speakers. You need a small utility called Line-In to make the remote controlled scanner audio come through your speakers. Drove me nuts until I found that out.

wise871

Database Admin
iMac here running OS X Yosemite and running Windows 7 under Parallels 10. All my scanner software works like a champ. My scanner software is the only reason I have to run windows. I don't use it for anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.