frequently used HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, quick question, I'm currently mapping my first LTR system, the system is in rr database, but have not heard anything so figured something is not right. So I have been using the rr wiki LTR Mapping with Uniden DMA - The RadioReference Wiki to help me along.
I have a few questions. One one of the frequencies that is getting a lot of traffic, there are a few HHs but the ones with the most traffic are the same numbers. I'm assuming the ones with the same numbers are the one I should be entering in the lcn colum for programming.
Second question, when it says "The active ones probably have users assigned, and the most frequently displayed HH will be the actual HH." Will it be a noticeable difference in activity? Such as, I have 0-03-101 that has about 48 hits, but then i have 0-07-106, 0-07-105 and 0-01-001 that are on the same frequency but only have 4 or 5 hits. I have been monitoring it with ProScan for the last 20 hours or so.

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Larry

captclint

Mentor
What LTR(s) are you monitoring in Monroe? There is a fairly active member who has added a lot of info on the LTR's in Monroe, so it would be helpful to see what he knows. As the wiki says, usually the most often seen HH is the home channel, which would be 03. The others are probably GOTO's from other LCN's The best way to confirm is to follow the wiki and create a system with 03 as the LCN. Any hits in this system will confirm.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@captclint trying to monitor East Stroudsburg University. I'm only a few miles from it and the listed freqs are not getting any hits.
Thanks for the help, just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Another quick question since I'm a dumbass and erased all of the logging I've done.
Doing a custom search of 451-465 and getting some very clear signals but can't find the freq either on here or the fcc website and have checked gmrs tables.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The license, WQBC863, has an additional frequency listed, 463.7875 compared to the RR database. Also, they list 2 systems in the RR DB but I would suspect that to be wrong. There is only one location listed in the license with 4 frequencies.
If you are going by the database for LCNs, and are seeing TGIDs with HOME channel IDs of 7, 3, 1, I can understand why you aren't hearing anything. Based on my finding LTR info in my area, I would suspect they are using LCN of 1, 3, 5, 7
The frequency you got all those 03 hits on is likely LCN 3 based on use.

Not sure what scanner you are using but many folks don't realize that the Uniden scanners with CC only search can do LTR the same way. Set up a custom search of 462.0875 to 463.7875 with a step of 12.5KHz and set it for CC only. Lock out any traffic that is not in the license and let it run for a couple days. You are interested in which frequencies have the most hits for each of the HOME channel possibilities.
Once you have made an educated guess, try it out. Nothing to lose

chris

captclint

Mentor
Doing a custom search of 451-465 and getting some very clear signals but can't find the freq either on here or the fcc website and have checked gmrs tables.
Only those frequencies where you hear that "spitting" noise every 5-10sec are LTR's. Yes, it is not always present, but here in NEPA, it is almost always there.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@captclint I have heard some when monitoring which was just a little noise every few seconds, no voice though.
Monroe county pd has been really active since about noon, I guess there was a spotting of Frein somewhere by Swiftwater (which is bad considering there is a psp barracks there)
The only thing about the heavy radio traffic is that I am picking up atf units but they are encrypted so I just get the under water sound.

@cg I did see that last night with the home channels, unfortunatly I erased everything by mistake. Using a bcd996xt, will be using the close call like you suggested and thanks!

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@cg only thing I was able to do was to activate uhf on close call. Couldn't figure out if I could do a custom search with just close call.

captclint

Mentor
@cg only thing I was able to do was to activate uhf on close call. Couldn't figure out if I could do a custom search with just close call.
CC does not mean close call in this case. It is Control Channel. You set a custom search as suggested(not close call), and specify Control Channel only. Never done that on LTR, so can't comment.
Suggest you continue to map the known frequencies in WQBC863. Looking for other frequencies is a going to be a real crap shoot, so stick with those licenses having the same FRN number (do an FRN search using the FRN on the WQBC863 license within 30 miles). I am surprised that none of the mapping in the database is correct. Have you confirmed you hear traffic on some or all those frequencies when programmed as conventional? I don't know the guy who mapped that system, but I believe he follows the threads in the PA forum. You might want to make the subject: East Stroudsburg University.LTR, and ask if there are any corrections to the DB, and explain that you aren't getting any traffic. Of course, I am assuming you set up the system correctly.

Last edited:

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@captclint lol I read your post and said "duhhh why the hell would I try close call"
I have a little above and below the known fequencies in custom search. I don't hear voice, but I do hear clicks and static every once in a while.
Just posted in PA forum thanks for you help!

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.