Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrkusy1

Premium Subscriber
I know there is no way to actually set a delay for conventional frequencies like you can trunked. But, is there a way to, sort of, trick it to basically be the same as being delayed. Would it work to set the same conventional frequencies in multiple banks in the same channel or in different channels, so when it is scanning, it is going over the same channel multiple times in one scan. The problem that I am having is that, for example, I will hear a tone and then sometimes, right after the tone, it will pause too long, so it will go to another frequency. This is important because we do police towing at the garage I am a mechanic at and we can get there a lot faster if we hear it and do not have to wait for the call, also I have to go out when all the drivers are busy when a call comes in for an accident or such. So, if anyone can help me on this issue it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Mrkusy1

Premium Subscriber
I know about the 2 second delay, but I was looking for a longer one than that. Like on the trunked, where you can set it to 4, 6 secs and so forth.

DickH

I know about the 2 second delay, but I was looking for a longer one than that. Like on the trunked, where you can set it to 4, 6 secs and so forth.

Buy another scanner and lock it on the freq. you want. You will never miss another call.
Try e-bay or pawn shops for a used conventional scanner - probably $25 or so.
And check Radio Shack for close-outs.

Mrkusy1

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking of doing that. We have some old ones sitting around. But, is there a splitter you can get for the antenna, in order to hook up two. And, if so, where can I get one?

Thanks

DickH

I was thinking of doing that. We have some old ones sitting around. But, is there a splitter you can get for the antenna, in order to hook up two. And, if so, where can I get one?

Thanks

It may work OK with the antenna right on the scanner. If it's deep in a building, move it near a window. Glass does not bother radio waves.
Just make sure the antenna is the right length for the freq. you want. What is the freq. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.