OHP Troop J on OKWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5TWB

Can some knowledgeable person point toward what possible site could support OKWIN operations in the Enid area? Today's update seems to say some operations for that troop are now on OKWIN with VHF-Lo as the backup for the rest. The Stillwater site is the closest with the Guthrie site being the next closest. Just curious since there's no site physically in that troop area.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing Troop K on the Tulsa Site but nothing on Troop J as of yet....

peterjmag

Heard John 620 on Perry K1 advise of a broken down vehicle at 412 and I35 so that would confirm at least some Troop J units have 800.

N5TWB

Heard John 620 on Perry K1 advise of a broken down vehicle at 412 and I35 so that would confirm at least some Troop J units have 800.

Interesting - I figured they had the equipment in the cars but I was questioning how well the OKWIN system can support Troop J area ops with no site within the troop service area. Two other points of interest: the location noted is well inside Noble County, part of Troop K, and it's likely the traffic initially connected through the Stillwater site so that's pretty good coverage.

Thanks for the info!!

peterjmag

Interesting since I35 and 412 is outside Troop J territory.

Note really, I hear troopers go out of their troops often. A troop B unit went to assist the OSU game in Stillwater the other day. Troop L and Troop B are often in each others troops for one reason for another. I'll bet the John unit happen to just be in area. By listening to the traffic it sounded like he was passing through back to Enid.

Status
Not open for further replies.