Albany Medical Center changed to DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I could not find the listing for the Albany Med LTR system in the DB, but it might have been changed already. In any event, there is now DMR traffic on at least two of their frequencies instead of LTR. I have not been able to determine whether the new mode is trunked or not, but it seems logical to believe that it is.

463.3125 DMR
463.4375 DMR
463.8250 nothing noted yet
463.8875 nothing noted yet

LRRP does not appear to be in use on this system, but I have not gotten good enough quality decoding to recover voice yet, either.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
On the two frequencies you have listed that are DMR, do you year a constant trbo signal or only when the they appear to be using the repeater?

With Capacity plus, linked capacity plus, and connect plus, one of the repeaters will be transmitting all the time, that will tell you if its trunked or not

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
I've logged DMR traffic on all but 463.8875 MHz. On 463.8875 I haven't heard anything; LTR or DMR.

And for the three DMR channels, there doesn't appear to be a continuous control channel.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I've logged DMR traffic on all but 463.8875 MHz. On 463.8875 I haven't heard anything; LTR or DMR.

And for the three DMR channels, there doesn't appear to be a continuous control channel.

Then it sounds like they have 3 conventional repeaters. Between the 3 repeaters that gives them 6 time slots.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
On the two frequencies you have listed that are DMR, do you year a constant trbo signal or only when the they appear to be using the repeater?

With Capacity plus, linked capacity plus, and connect plus, one of the repeaters will be transmitting all the time, that will tell you if its trunked or not
Hello,

Connect Plus has one continuous control channel. Capacity Plus and Linked Capacity Plus are LTR style systems and will transmit brief bursts on one channel every couple of seconds when idle.

DSDplus or DMRDecode can be used to identify the system types.

73 Eric

D

DaveNF2G

I concur regarding the lack of a constant transmission. I'll have to watch more carefully for any bursts in between transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.