NCPD no longer broadcasting????

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
NCPD 3/6 and 4/5 are no longer simulcasting on their old UHF Repeaters. 2/8 and 1/7 are still in service on the simulcast.
I do not know if this is a temporary issue, or if the repeaters are down for good.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
HWY/ESU were on the air, but using low power (and audio). I haven't heard them in a few days either.

And FWIW, Tac-2, F4, BSO, and Tac-10 are no longer in use, and any UHF equivalent have been missing from the radio layouts that I have seen. Tac-10 has been replaced by the Detail / Admin Channels, Tac-2 is now Countywide 1 (and Countywide 2). BSO is now a BSO only Talk Group.

For record keeping, this is the last time I have heard 4/5, 3/6 and Hwy:

4/5: 10/14/14 16:27:20
3/6: 10/20/14 14:46:49
HWY/ESU: 10/08/14 15:05:47

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like we are one step closer to losing NCPD on our scanners. The last transmission I logged for 1st & 7th was 1923hrs tonight. This just leaves 2nd & 8th left on Simulcast.

captjack74

P25

Is it possible to get a P25 scanner and continue to listen or is it going to be encrypted and unable to be heard?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I don't get it...why are they encrypting their talk groups but simulcasting them in the clear over their legacy UHF repeaters ? Not that I'm complaining, but cmon Nassau...run the dispatch talk group in the clear already ! If anything sensitive needs to go through, it's a click on the knob.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I agree with you S-Z, but here are a lot of politics in play here. The big question is why they can't dispatch the everyday calls over a clear talk group, and if there is any type of dispatch that needs to be "covert", let the units know to check their MDTs or switch to the Detail talk group.

With that said - Here is a part of the story, and I am leaving a lot of stuff out of here. For those who know what happened, know why I am not giving out the full amount if information.

The part that I can share is this:
All fire departments received 2 portable radios so they can monitor PD. They are setup to receive only. One radio stays in the dispatcher's office, and the other radio would go to a Chief. So, can you see the problem? There are more Chiefs in each department then there are radios, and there are no radios for the rigs. (The county paid to have radios installed in the Ambulances so they can communicate with Medcom).

The departments are complaining that they cannot hear PD, and it is a safety concern. They also don't get the 'jump' on calls so the feeling is response times will suffer. They were able to put pressure on the county to leave the simulcast in place for as long as it has been active.

The county said they will keep the Simulcast going as long as the repeaters stay online. However, there is no money to maintain or repair any repeaters, and CB has the option of pulling the plug on the simulcast at anytime.

Now - back to paragraph one - all of this can be fixed by unencrypting the main dispatch talk groups. PD does not want to do that.

There are other issues at hand, but I'm not in a position to discuss them.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
NCPD From low band to no band

Phil, I am unencumbered from receiving flack for revealing what's really going on in NCPD's inner circle, so fellas here's the straight scoop, NCPD is scrapping it's entire existing trunked network & has already been receiving the latest high tech cutting edge secret "no bid" Falcon III radio network from Harris under their beta testing program, this uncharted technology is rumored to combine the best features of the already existing OpenSky & ProVoice encryption standards, Harris has patented their new encryption technology as ClosedSky & AmateurVoice which emanates no detectable RF to decrypt much less even monitor with existing consumer grade scanners.

Harris Corporation

Two members of NCPD's elite "Special Victims Squad" beta testing the new Harris Falcon III portables in the NCPD headquarters parking lot .

Attachments

• NCPD SEX CRIMES UNIT MEMBERS TESTING NEW PORTABLES.jpg
    NCPD SEX CRIMES UNIT MEMBERS TESTING NEW PORTABLES.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 628

Danny37

Does anyone know if they are running lower power on their simulcast repeaters. I used to be able to hear them fairly well but now it's very spotty, 3/6 PCT and 4/5 PCT come in best for me. I'm about 12-15 miles away from Nassau county.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
My logs show that only the 3/6 is active today on simulcast. The 2/8 stopped simulcasting around 3pm yesterday.

The VHF Aviation frequency may or may not still be in operation. I normally hear them when they are getting ready to take off or land, but I haven't logged them at all today on simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.