Change in Dallas Yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasquatch6160

Premium Subscriber
According to the database map, there was a change in something in Dallas County yesterday (10-21-2014), but I can't find it and neither can some other friends of mine who are member here. Anyone know what the change was?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
According to the database map, there was a change in something in Dallas County yesterday (10-21-2014), but I can't find it and neither can some other friends of mine who are member here. Anyone know what the change was?
The change was in the Dallas Federal listings. But it must have been relatively minor, as none of those 'changed color' to indicate an update.

From the update log on Dallas County:

Agency: (Federal) was updatedRussell2014-10-20 21:47:19

ecps92

I likely was my submission to change the Federal "FM" to FMN" for the VHF High and UHF as those were mandated Long before the Part 90 mandate

The change was in the Dallas Federal listings. But it must have been relatively minor, as none of those 'changed color' to indicate an update.

From the update log on Dallas County:

Agency: (Federal) was updatedRussell2014-10-20 21:47:19

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I likely was my submission to change the Federal "FM" to FMN" for the VHF High and UHF as those were mandated Long before the Part 90 mandate
Could be, Bill.

In any event, it was not a significant enough change to flip the channel colors.

gesucks

Were they confirmed that they are narrow? There are a very significant amount of Feds still in wideband. Just because they were mandated to go narrow does not mean they were funded to go narrow.

ecps92

Should not be any Federal Agencies still wideband :)

Were they confirmed that they are narrow? There are a very significant amount of Feds still in wideband. Just because they were mandated to go narrow does not mean they were funded to go narrow.

gesucks

We can start with the US Park Police in DC area. There are TONS that have not switched. Same reason FBI still is not all P25. Just because NTIA says to do it, does not mean anyone funded it to make it happen.

ecps92

Narrowband does not = P25

Your Milage May Vary, but 98% of the code plugs I've seen( over the past 8+ yrs) are NB with the exception of some Legacy Part 90's that had not gone NB at the time I had access to the data.

We can start with the US Park Police in DC area. There are TONS that have not switched. Same reason FBI still is not all P25. Just because NTIA says to do it, does not mean anyone funded it to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.