Missing 2 hours in archived day right after drug bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gima0503

Premium Subscriber
Hi I am a new member and was listening to an archived day and just when the station I was listening to got interesting, cops are doing a drug bust. The archive is missing the next 2 hours. Whats up with that.

Subliminal87

Hi I am a new member and was listening to an archived day and just when the station I was listening to got interesting, cops are doing a drug bust. The archive is missing the next 2 hours. Whats up with that.

Not saying this is what happened, BUT the police can request that there be a delay, or it taken offline.

I remember during the LAPD manhut there was ALOT of stuff taken down for days.

If it's hosted elsewhere or privately I am not sure what options they really have besides

Them:"Take this down"..."
Person:"No"
Them: "ok".

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It is possible that the police moved to a tactical channel that was not included on the feed.

Or the feed was streaming a tactical channel in violation of the Feed Provider Terms Of Service and it was taken offline by Broadcastify.

Or the feed provider changed the channel or otherwise took the feed offline.

Last edited:

Gima0503

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the responses, is there a way to tell who the feed provider is? Or is it generally the police station?

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Thank you for the responses, is there a way to tell who the feed provider is? Or is it generally the police station?

While there are official feeds hosted by FD/PD departments... a huge majority of the feeds are streamed by regular people who own a scanner. The feed provider can choose if they want their screen name and/or email made public on the feed page. There will be a "contact broadcaster" button on the feed page if the provider wishes to be contacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.