DSD stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

Has anyone figured out how to stream DSD output audio? I want to stream it from my computer at my house so that I can listen to a local dmr system on my phone but I can't figure out how to do it

reconrider8

but how do you set that up? As far as piping the audio from DSD to proscan? But I want it setup like my radio reference feed where people can watch videos and such and the feed runs in the back ground

10-10

I use my primary line input jack for the base band audio which sends the decoded output to my speaker out as you would normally do. I then removed my speakers and connected the speaker out jack into a usb audio card mic input. As well, I then took the speakers and connected them to the usb speaker out. This allows me to use Radiofeed to use the usb mic input which has the decoded audio and send it out. It just a matter of adjusting the audio levels so the quality is not affected. Works pretty well and I can still listen locally when I'm at my computer.

reconrider8

only problem with that is i already have my rr feed up and that uses my mic imput and other people use the computer speakers to listen to other stuff so i was wanting to pipe the audio straight from dsd to the server not have to go through the line or anything

frazpo

only problem with that is i already have my rr feed up and that uses my mic imput and other people use the computer speakers to listen to other stuff so i was wanting to pipe the audio straight from dsd to the server not have to go through the line or anything

Another soundcard would remedy that. You might even try one of those $5 USB soundcards like are used on the Raspberry pi feeds. If you are comfortable with linux projects you may just build a Pi to feed it with. I was using it to stream DSD audio to my phone. The audio was awesome with earbuds.

To run dsd+ I loaded Ubuntu on an older laptop and used wine to run dsd+. Works great.

reconrider8

Never tried Linux got a link for that kind of sound card tho? And a tutorial or directions on setting up pipe to the audio. I want the main computer speakers to stay like they are but pipe the DSD audio out so I can listen personally like a private feed type thing

frazpo

i like the idea of the audio repeater tbh so i dont have to take up another usb plug or add another card

I am not sure if you have messed around with projects such as these but they may differ a little from user to user depending on their configuration. The best way to approach is to do some googling and reading of the forums. Experimenting and troubleshooting your setup is the best way to learn. Its almost impossible for someone to baby step you through every configuration. Download what you need and go for it. When you run into issues post the question. Everyone will be glad to help.

reconrider8

im not really looking for baby steps more of ok this is where you need to start and this is how to pipe audio into it and i can hopefully fill out the rest

frazpo

im not really looking for baby steps more of ok this is where you need to start and this is how to pipe audio into it and i can hopefully fill out the rest

I see. 10-10 mentioned Radiofeed as the server so you may experiment with that. This would much simpler than setting up darkice and a server such as icecast. Use VAC to pipe audio to Radiofeed from DSD and then logon onto that from your phone. You will need to open the port on your router once you configure Radiofeed.

reconrider8

The thing I really don't understand is how would you get vac to pipe the audio because its not like you can set the output of DSD. That's my biggest thing I'm trying to wrap my head around right now. And still not mess with the speaker audio

10-10

There are switch settings in DSD that allow you to change which output to send the decoded audio to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
I use DSDPlus (DSD+) and you can change the output with the "-o" switch. Add your output number after the -o.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.