What does CP stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdet

? CSX River Line - NI desk - trains from North Dakota oil fields to Little Ferry NJ; now what does CP stand for when referring to millage markers; we have over 5 trains almost 1 mile long,a day carrying oil and some places only one track - so when there are more than one track which one is 1 and/or 2; oh and state of NJ is classifying train info secret

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Post moved to its own thread. Please don't hijack other people's threads to ask an unrelated question.

captncarp

CP = Control Point.
Control Points are locations along the railroad where switches and and signals are located that are remotely controlled by the Dispatcher to route and govern trains from one track to another.

DMC

D

DaveNF2G

Can you break those comments into separate questions so we can be sure of what you are asking?

1) CP=Control Point
2) On east-west lines, the tracks are usually numbered from south to north. I don't know for sure about north-south lines because there are no multitrack N-S lines in my area except Amtrak.
3) I'm not sure whether you are asking us or telling us about NJ classifying train info as secret, but I doubt they have the authority.

jvdet

Thanks - typed too fast
CP - control point - k
CSX sometimes refers to track 1 and track 2 when there are 2 tracks - i guess - just wondering if there is a system to track numbering when there is more than one -
NJ does have the authority - just ask NJ Homeland inSecurity; recent newspaper articles about the hazardous oil transported thru NY into NJ residents and local OEM's wanted info about contents and when the trains would pass thru; NJ would not release that info NY was limited - seems the oil is very unstable - and the road channel has become very active, am trying to understand the CSX language; and local HazMAt teams are not equpited to handle a spill or worse, traffic on the river line has increased 50% its why gas is down $2:70's gal or less here

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Try using a little more punctuation and complete un-run-on sentences and your posts would be a lot more coherent when you run everything together its like listening to a movie review narrated by a little kid with ADHD and it's hard to follow your train of thought or understand your question SQUIRREL!

D

DaveNF2G

It's possible that CSX did not tell New Jersey what was in the cars. They just had a big derailment in the Selkirk Yard and nobody outside was notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.