Manchester and Nashua NH

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
for some reason if I use freescan it locks alotta stuff out;. If I use my arc500 through rr its all there... Thanks for the help

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I couldnt find it. so I used my arc 500 softeware and then just downloaded it into radio then back to freescan

lessardc

I'm new to scanning. I purchased a Uniden BCT15X and downloaded the Nashua file and uploaded it to the scanner via free scan software. All the frequencies and talkgroups uploaded to the scanner but I cant hear anything. Any ideas what could've gone wrong?.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I'm new to scanning. I purchased a Uniden BCT15X and downloaded the Nashua file and uploaded it to the scanner via free scan software. All the frequencies and talkgroups uploaded to the scanner but I cant hear anything. Any ideas what could've gone wrong?.

The BCT15X is an Analog Scanner. Nashua Police & Fire utilize P25 Digital.

lessardc

So I now have the correct scanner. A BCD996XT. Again I download the Nashua zip from this page. It seems the scanner is only scanning Nashua Fire. I can hear them fine. I can hear Nashua PD when I manually go their channel. How do I get them to scan as well? I checked the freescan when I downloaded to the scanner. It doesn't appear NPD is locked out so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
So I now have the correct scanner. A BCD996XT. Again I download the Nashua zip from this page. It seems the scanner is only scanning Nashua Fire. I can hear them fine. I can hear Nashua PD when I manually go their channel. How do I get them to scan as well? I checked the freescan when I downloaded to the scanner. It doesn't appear NPD is locked out so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

That is weird.

Can you list the link where ya got the zip file; or e-mail me that file at jmarcel66@yahoo.com. I'll put it into my Free Scan and see what I find. I can also e-mail you my free scan file for Nashua if you would like as well. It's for the 396, but I believe it works for the 996 too.

lessardc

That is weird.

Can you list the link where ya got the zip file; or e-mail me that file at jmarcel66@yahoo.com. I'll put it into my Free Scan and see what I find. I can also e-mail you my free scan file for Nashua if you would like as well. It's for the 396, but I believe it works for the 996 too.

I got the link from the "NH scanner programming files" thread. 1st page of the thread scroll down to 7/23/09 post with the Nashua zip file. Thank you for your help.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue with Nashua and Manchester. If you have a full membership to RR and you import Manchester and NASHUA it will all program in there from rr but Freescan for some reason it wont!!!

n1das

You missed a word--- Nashua Police & Fire utilize P25 Digital --trunked-- aka digital trunking

Not entirely true but close enough. The PD and FD are using P25 digital audio on their talkgroups. The PD uses encryption on some of their talkgroups but most are in the clear. The PD's main dispatch TGs are all in the clear. All of the FD's TGs are in the clear. All of Public Works' TGs on the system are analog.

Control channel data on Nashua's Motorola's Type II trunked system is at 3600 baud, in order to support analog and digital modes.

On a fully P25 digital trunked system the control channel data is at 9600 baud and all talkgroups on the system would be P25 digital only. There are no analog TGs on this type of system.

Nashua rebanded their system several years ago so make sure all of the frequencies are in the 850-something MHz range and not in the 866-868 MHz range where they used to be.

Good luck.

EDIT: Just read that the scanner is a 996XT. It should be compatible with a 396XT.
I programmed my 396XT for Nashua using the information on Scan New England's wiki page and it all works fine.
http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Nashua_NH_Trunk_System

Last edited:

n1das

Just dowwnload the programming list from RR its all there. Most of it is missing in FreeScan

Now that IS weird with FreeScan, as jmarcel66 said.

Since I've been into scanning (since 1977) and long before scanners were PC-programmable, I programmed Nashua's system into my 396xt manually from the keypad, out of habit. I have never downloaded a file and used a PC to program it. I purposely programmed it that way because it forces me to learn my way around the scanner like I've done with every other scanner I've owned over the years. It's useful because anytime I want to make a change to anything I know how to do it from the keypad and never need a PC. Usually whenever I want to make a quick programming change, it's almost always when I'm out somewhere and don't have a PC available.

Hope you get it figured out.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.