New RF presence in downtown San Antonio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrotumola

Sometime last Wednesday, (October 15)something new came online downtown in the 900 mhz band.
That morning, when I arrived at work, my autopage 2-way remote worked fine. By lunch time that all changed. I used to be able to remote start, monitor in vehicle temperature,and lock and unlock my vehicle from quite some distance. In the Bexar County parking garage, I could pre start my truck 2 blocks away or from the northside of the courthouse. Now I can stand next to my truck and the alarm system is unresponsive. The only way to activate/deactivate is to place the alarm remote on the windshield directly opposite of the alarm's antenna. Downtown around the SA public safety headquarters, Bexar County Courthouse, it's annex, the Tower life building and the Milam building. Once I leave downtown, my alarm responds to its remote as usual. In doing a little bit of searching, I found a TRS recently licensed to FCI 900 Inc, at 112 Pecan, which appears to have infrastructure in other markets. Could this be the source, or should I suspect something else? Any idea what or who is on this system?

~S~

SCPD

QRT
Just for giggles did you change or try to change battery in remote device to a new one that is rated good like not the cheap ones? See if maybe the battery is lagging?

Michael-SATX

Hey I see you are on to the LCRA's 900Mhz OpenSky TRS Bexar Co site ;) Wow I guess that finally went live !
I've seen their FCC License for some time but back when I Tune checked the LCRA Bexar Co OpenSky
freqs for any CC's or activity there was nothing. Even our buddy John (The_Dog) has noticed this too !

scrotumola

@ PT 9200 - Fresh batteries and multiple remotes, no issues anywhere else but downtown. They all work everywhere-but downtown.

@ Scannermanner - No, I haven't, but am sicking The_dog on it to see what he can sniff out.

@ Mike - I'm curious as to what John finds.... we shall see...

and Tom ... as Johnny Carson would say, "I did not know that!" :D

I will resume searching the database for other possible sources, as I do not have equipment here downtown.

Thanks for your input.

~S~

Michael-SATX

OK how about that FCI 900 being now part of the Sprint Spark Network, formerly allocated for Nextel
which was turned off June 30, 2013. Ruff, Ruff ... here Doggy ... go git da new juicy 900Mhz Bone ;)
and tell us what flavor it is and more .... ok Boy ... gQQd Boy ..... now sick em' ... Grrrrrr Ruff !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.