Caught a 10 meter repeater out of Switzerland !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

WOW.. when I first saw your thread I thought no biggie 10 meters from Switzerland.. then I read.. repeater!! Amazing

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We are nearly dead-center to a massive sunspot group (AR2916, I believe) that has been flaring very heavily. The flux is around 216, last I checked.

10m skip is very hard to predict - even harder when it's 10FM. Get 'tm while you can. Mike

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
We are nearly dead-center to a massive sunspot group (AR2916, I believe) that has been flaring very heavily.
I actually saw said sunspot group yesterday as I was viewing the eclipse through my welder's glass. It was right in the middle of the sun, and just a little below the 'equator'.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That was group AR2192, not AR2916. And the flux is up slightly...

This is one time I wish I had 10FM in my car...Mike

mancow

Database Admin
I caught it again this morning. A guy from Ohio was taking to a guy from Germany on it. Nuts....

Also, I held a long QSO through the 29.620 NY repeater today using only an MT1000 hand held.

KS to NY on a Motorola 6 watt handheld is just insane.

mancow

Database Admin
I have an MT1000 low split 99 ch top display that I dragged out of the garage and somehow it held a charge. It was already programmed with the repeaters so I charged it last night and today I put a long telescopic on it and gave a call. I ended up being solid copy into the machine.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Does it do tone burst? If it does, well, who knows...that's why some folks love 10...Mike

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Who are you asking? As for me I didn't have any special tones set up.

He's talking about single-tone repeater access. European repeaters used to use it pretty commonly instead of CTCSS: 1750 Hz at 300-500 ms pre-key. I think the MT1000 might support single-tone operation, so there you go.

Wish I had seen this during the "magic weekend"... working a European 10M repeater would have been pretty neat.

prcguy

I've been working the NY 10m repeater with 1 watt from my KX3 from both TX and CA, so when 10m is open you don't need much.
prcguy

I caught it again this morning. A guy from Ohio was taking to a guy from Germany on it. Nuts....

Also, I held a long QSO through the 29.620 NY repeater today using only an MT1000 hand held.

KS to NY on a Motorola 6 watt handheld is just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.