Wyckoff PD may be dispatched by Bergen County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I would think most likely they will do as Closter has done, stay on their own frequency and let the County take calls and dispatch on the existing frequencies. In addition also, from what I have heard the radios have been ordered for Midland Park units for the switch to Central Dispatch.

Midland Park and Wyckoff PD & EMS units now being heard regularly on TG 1206 of the County's trunked UHF system..

It appears as though a patch to the Wyckoff VHF repeater is in place.

Can anyone confirm this and also advise if the VHF repeater will remain in place and carry traffic to & from TG 1206?

Also, will units be homed to Mahwah or Alpine?

Thanks.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I would assume the Mahwah zone since it includes both Stag Hill and the site up at the stables in Franklin Lakes. But most talkgroup are repeated over both Mahwah and Alpine regardless of affiliation.

boxcar123

Yuck.... double vocoded. The radios will sound horrible Either get the on the talk-group or keep the VHF repeater system. Patching is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

Also, I wonder how long it will take before some of the talk-groups go encrypted knowing the county LE groups are encrypted and with the Sheriff's Department taking it over. Also what about its future move to 700mhz down the road.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
If anything I would suspect there maybe be a patch from Municipal 158.9400 and or Fire 1 154.1750, since Municipal will be needed for paging and Midland Park Fire is staying on 154.1750 because they only have 1 mobile for Fire Chief and 3 portables for Fire Officers. The County also tested a new Fire Officers Tone For Midland Park last week on 158.9400.

Yuck.... double vocoded. The radios will sound horrible Either get the on the talk-group or keep the VHF repeater system. Patching is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

Also, I wonder how long it will take before some of the talk-groups go encrypted knowing the county LE groups are encrypted and with the Sheriff's Department taking it over. Also what about its future move to 700mhz down the road.

It is interesting that none of the local LE talk groups are currently encrypted. Maybe a cost issue?

jvdet

patch is only temporary for a number of reasons.... but when units are patch thru it is ....yuck
but when on digital it sounds fine
..and the Sheriff is not taking over anything ...

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
patch is only temporary for a number of reasons.... but when units are patch thru it is ....yuck
but when on digital it sounds fine
..and the Sheriff is not taking over anything ...
Correct, I can see and hear when they send in P25 on the TG only, The Unit ID comes up. That obviously is the reason for the patch, some units have P25 radios up and running some are still on VHF. Midland Park however has no radios installed as of yet.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
If anyone is logging the new RIDs and IDing them, please send them my way or post them so I can update my file.

boxcar123

It is interesting that none of the local LE talk groups are currently encrypted. Maybe a cost issue?

Interesting, with more APX6500 coming on the market to replace the XTS series it will be interesting if they order radios with encryption flash codes. I believe Lodi for example uses XTS1500 which only can do ADP if i can recall correctly. I think MP and Wyckoff will be using this series or perhaps the 7000's for interop purposes.

There a bunch of changes looming for BC from what I hear and it will be interesting to see what is about to happen to OEM and the Communications center. More then likely the county police will be completely removed from both entirely and replaced by a civilian or the sheriff will begin to send staff over. From what I understand the merger is a done deal and is just waiting on time to implement.

ADP is free. BCPD BCSO BCP all decided to go with AES256 because they deal with such sensitive issues. NOT!.

Perhaps not for "sensitive issues," but if any grant monies are received, there is grant guidance in the FY2014 SAFECOMM grant guidance document (page 35) which states strong encourages investment in AES rather than proprietary solutions.

Moreover, the guidance goes on to state "Grantees seeking to use Federal grant funds to purchase non-standard encryption features or capabilities for new or existing equipment must ensure AES is included to ensure their devices have the capability to interoperate in an encrypted mode.

They may not necessarily have a say.

Status
Not open for further replies.