How do I program my scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
So I really feel crappy after screwing up my scanner. My grandma passed away and left me a Uniden Bearcat BC898T. She had it working fine and when you pressed the scan button it scanned through a bunch of 800+ freq. numbers, But it wouldn't pick up 911, ems or a few other things and I was messing with it and long story short I stupidly factory reset the whole thing and I have no idea what to do now :/ no one in my family knows how to re program it and I have no idea where to start. I live in duchess county. I would be very grateful if someone could help me please.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
Marauder,

You can find a manual for the 898t here:

http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/BC898Tom.pdf

You can go to the Databases link at the top of this page and navigate to your state and county to find you local frequencies. Good luck and if you have more questions after going through the manual come on back!

Thank you for your reply, Since posting this I have got a feel for the scanner and understand how to program it but from what I remember all the numbers she had in it were a bunch of 800 freq. numbers and my county here - Dutchess County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Really has none of those 800 numbers, any idea how she got them or if I am looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

Blackink

Well, you did learn one thing about your scanner......how to do a hard reset!

Bummer.

As you go along, you'll learn more things about your scanner and it's capabilities.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
Marauder,

You can find a manual for the 898t here:

http://www.uniden.com/content/ebiz/uniden/resources/ownersmanuals/BC898Tom.pdf

You can go to the Databases link at the top of this page and navigate to your state and county to find you local frequencies. Good luck and if you have more questions after going through the manual come on back!

Thank you for your reply, Since posting this I have got a feel for the scanner and understand how to program it but from what I remember all the numbers she had in it were a bunch of 800 freq. numbers and my county here - Dutchess County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Really has none of those 800 numbers, any idea how she got them or if I am looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I would guess she had the NYCOMCO EDACS trunking system programmed into the scanner, all of the sites use 800 MHz frequencies. In the link you provided right under the words Law Enforcement is a link for the trunking system.

Marauder

Dazed and Confused
I would guess she had the NYCOMCO EDACS trunking system programmed into the scanner, all of the sites use 800 MHz frequencies. In the link you provided right under the words Law Enforcement is a link for the trunking system.

Ok ,thank you when I go to set it for trunk is it E2-800? Pro9F?

wtp

i see 800's

you have to click on the line in blue "NYCOMCO EDACS (duchess,orange ulster)" on that page and you will see a list of 800 freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.