Universal Radio taking orders for Home Patrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Universal Radio is showing Home Patrol 2.

"Uniden has just announced the Uniden Homepatrol II. It has the same looks and features as the original Homepatrol I, but adds TDMA Phase2 capability.
This new model is expected 11/15/14. Universal Radio is accepting orders now. "

Uniden Home Patrol 1 Scanner Homepatrol

JASII

Memory Capacity
Universal Radio Taking Orders For Home Patrol 2

I don't really need Phase II yet, but I am glad that they are announcing this anyway.

XTS3000

You have to be effing kidding Uniden... Really?

Well, I think that explains everything now...

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Apparently this isn't the same as the HomePatrol-2 listed on the Bearcat Warehouse? The price is different.

Uniden HomePatrol-2 Digital Scanner

Nothing on ScannerMaster so far.

No, it's not.... look a little further down the Bearcat Warehouse page you linked to...

"THIS IS A PRE-PROGRAMMED HOMEPATROL-1"

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Bummer, that's a better price point.

Universal's price for the HP-2 is likely to be higher than most. Their price on the HP-1 is still $60 higher than Scanner Master, and $90 higher than HRO's current special price, and HRO includes free shipping.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
You have to be effing kidding Uniden... Really?

Well, I think that explains everything now...

+1

Make a new high end (price wise) product to release to keep the money coming in while not giving a $%^& about the customers that bought high end stuff that doesn't have features advertised on the box. Even if this was a parallel production project, it should have been put on hold to devote the resources to ensure that already released products work as advertised before releasing new products based on the same technology.

mitbr

+1

Make a new high end (price wise) product to release to keep the money coming in while not giving a $%^& about the customers that bought high end stuff that doesn't have features advertised on the box. Even if this was a parallel production project, it should have been put on hold to devote the resources to ensure that already released products work as advertised before releasing new products based on the same technology.

Except X-mas is coming LOl !

crash_iam

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Don't need another expensive door stopper. The hp1 nothing more than ( as si would say)
that's a piece of junk.

Voyager

It's about time ! I hope they give us the option to adjust the volume from the touch screen.

You can with the caveat you have to touch one of the top controls first. After that, you can use the touch screen.

But yes, that was one of my comments about it early on - you can't flush mount it since the controls are on the top.

Oh, and as for it being a doorstop, maybe, but a very popular well-selling doorstop.

Voyager

XTS3000

Don't need another expensive door stopper. The hp1 nothing more than ( as si would say)
that's a piece of junk.

If you change the 455khz filter, that makes the HP1 worth owning IMHO. I really wasn't satisfied with the rf performance of the HP1 until the filter was changed.

So can we start speculating what 455khz filter will be used in the HP2 now. Will there now be two filters like the x36HP's has?

Interesting that there has been NO official announcement about the HP2 from Uniden or Upman - aside from 1+1= HP2 avatar. I'm sure they know what would happen if they did....

Last edited:

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Guess I will wait for The Home Patrol 3 that will have DMR or The Home Patrol 4 that will have Nexedge or The Home Patrol 5 that will have DStar. See how dumb this sounds. I hope they are not going down that road. We need something more than just Phase 2 in the Home Patrol 2. What happen to upgrading Firmware ? Instead of buying a new scanner every 2 years. By the way I thought the 436 was going to be the Flagship Scanner.

dmg1969

Well, the one thing that I posted in the "what do you want in the next Uniden scanner" thread was for them to make a phase 2 scanner in the same form factor as the HP-1. I am glad to see they are going to revisit that design profile as cars get smaller and real estate to mount scanners becomes more and more scarce.

That being said, I would have preferred that they back-burner any more scanner projects until they got the problems with the x36 line (even though I don't own one) and the P25 decode problems of the HP-1 (which I do own) fixed.

I think any new scanners could have waited until Uniden fixes the issues that already exist. And I am not a Uniden basher. I like their products, but it seems that they might be trying to do too much too soon. IMHO

XTS3000

Why are we paying Uniden to Alpha and beta test their scanners? This has to end and end NOW!

There is open firmware beta testing for the HP-1 for P25 decode. I bet Uniden takes the info from all the HP-1 firmware beta testers and applies it to the new HP-2 and then screws current HP-1 by never updating / fixing our scanners. Mark my words, Uniden will say that the HP-1 is not capable of doing proper P25 decode, but buy our NEW HP-2 which will.

I refuse to participate in Uniden's beta HP-1 firmware. I will not help out a company who ignores their existing customers. If the beta testers think their participation is going to help fix their HP-1, think again.

Uniden is now just playing us, stop helping them out and stop beta testing their HP-1 firmware. Your only helping out future HP-2's, not your current HP-1.

wise871

Database Admin
There #1 selling scanner. So much for there flagship scanner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.