Visiting DC/Capitol area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticoman71

So let me get this straight...! There is nothing good (PD/FD/CPD) that I can monitor with my P25 scanner while in the DC area because everything is encrypted or MotoTurbo... Correct?

Thanks

dtscho

Database Admin
DC Police (MPD) are for the most part encrypted, except for a channel named Citywide 1. DC Fire is not encrypted. Capitol Police are encrypted. Many agencies are using MOTOTRBO (generically called DMR), but there is still a lot to monitor.

Washington, DC (Project 16) Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies
Washington, DC (Project 25) Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies
District of Columbia , District of Columbia (DC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Enjoy your visit.

Dave

beastieboy101

Don't forget to listen to US Park PD dispatch channel on 166.925. They are still analog and quite active. They handle most of the PD on the Monuments, Memorials, and Parks. They also patrol all of the Parkways in the DC area; including the one's in VA and MD.

This system Integrated Wireless Network (IWN) National Capital Region Trunking System, Washington, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies is interesting to me.
I was listening to it a couple months ago while working in DC and noticed a couple of the radios were not using encryption. I believe it was the DEA doing surveillance work on a suspect driving in DC and MD. I listened for a good hour while they watched were he was going and doing. They did mention a deal and a CI (Confidential Informant). However, that is the only unencrypted traffic I have heard on the system. I don't listen to it much since I don't receive the system well at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.