Upman - Oil on Troubled Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Upman-

It's been a little over a month since your last Siren App update. Could you let us know where things stand, please?

I'm sure you are capable of dealing with several fires at one time (HP II release and the Siren App, etc.) Having some news, any news, might be a good thing.

Fellow users-

I know this might give an opportunity to "pile on" and do even more venting. Could we avoid doing so, please? All I'm trying to do is get a one or two sentence response from Upman and keep this positive/civil/kind.

Thanks to all

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
popcornsmiley.gif

wise871

Database Admin
I've always believed that informed customers are more supportive to a cause than those left in the dark. Much of this could have been avoided with more timely updates. Even if there weren't any changes, more interaction or even a Q&A from time to time would have been nice.

Voyager

I've always believed that informed customers are more supportive to a cause than those left in the dark. Much of this could have been avoided with more timely updates. Even if there weren't any changes, more interaction or even a Q&A from time to time would have been nice.

I would agree, but due to the threats of some forum users, Uniden might not have a choice but remain silent at this point until they have a fix.

EDCScanner

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned

+1 you nailed it my friend. I believe strongly the same as you just mentioned.

EDCScanner

Banned
I would agree, but due to the threats of some forum users, Uniden might not have a choice but remain silent at this point until they have a fix.

You do make a very good point and I can't disagree with it but, you would think choice or not that would give customers concerns and complaints the ability to hold more water with their silence versus just giving a small update which they are capable of doing even if it is not a positive update? I.E. "Still testing firmware and the dongle is not to par and this why and this is what we are doing to try to resolve this.....".

Wise makes a very good point. All this could have been avoided with just simple communication. Positive or not, communication and honesty goes a long way.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's entirely possible that UPMan is not free to discuss what's going on with the 536HP upgrades/fixes. He's the PM, but he has several layers of bosses above him who can override his decisions.

I think that they are making a PR mistake not putting out some information on a frequent basis, but they are probably reluctant to do that.

I'm sure UPMan would love to tell us what is going on, but he just can't.

EDCScanner

Banned
It's entirely possible that UPMan is not free to discuss what's going on with the 536HP upgrades/fixes. He's the PM, but he has several layers of bosses above him who can override his decisions.

I think that they are making a PR mistake not putting out some information on a frequent basis, but they are probably reluctant to do that.

I'm sure UPMan would love to tell us what is going on, but he just can't.

I am pretty sure you are right about that and I would have to agree. This is why I fault Uniden and not Paul like others are.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The "ask nicely and ye shall receive" concept works well.

Upman has given the requested update, which I appreciate and give thanks. I'm sure he'd have rather given happier news, just as we would like to have received it, but it is what it is.

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-forums/291260-siren-update.html

My question has been answered and as the original poster, I respectfully request the moderators close this thread.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Noting new here. This is what many of us have been saying for weeks. It's being worked on.

To the OP, thank you for your efforts anyway.

wise871

Database Admin
From my take on his last message this is going to take some time. It could be another year before it all finally gets worked out so its working as originally advertised.
You figure once it gets close then you add in beta testing, app development, firmware adjustments, etc and then more fine tuning. All I can say is WOW! Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since the original thread starters question has been answered this thread
can be closed.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.